IC40 salt reading 9,900

Sk8,

The flow switch assembly does NOT measure the salt level..

It does have a water temp thermistor that tells the cell what the water temp is.. The cell than calculate the salt level based on current flow through the plates.

Replacing the flow switch often fixes the problem when the thermistor is bad and the salt reading is not correct.

There are two kinds of flow switches.. 3-wire and 4-wire... If your cell has a 3-wire cable between the cell and the flow switch, then you MUST use a 3-wire replacement.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It seems like it's not producing chlorine either... even though the green lights are on. Ran the system at 100% all night - less that 1 ppm of chlorine in the pool this morning. And if i take a reading at the return (which should have chlorinated water from the salt) - its the same reading. Just tossed some shock in...

This thing is getting on my nerves - NOW the intellicenter is saying my water temp is 103... its like 83....

I was trying to do the long hold on 'more' on the salt cell this morning to see the temp reading - I could not get it to display any lights like the youtube video I found. I also held down the less button... I couldn't have changed the intellicenter board from reading the thermometer in the inlet pipe to the salt system could I?

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support