Philadelphia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Pool opened by local company May 1st. Recently noticed my IC40 SWG is not displaying the sanitation output % properly. Seems to only chlorinate at 100% then off, but showing good flow and salt level. First time I tried holding the “more” button to adjust which displayed at 40%, but didn’t allow adjustments. Second attempt two days later, same process, similar result but displayed 80%. Same issue today. Last year, when it was installed, I ran at 2% low output mode with no issues, but can’t seem to get it into this output mode now. Thoughts?

FC= 3
CC= <1
ORP= 680
pH= 7.5
TA= 120
CYA= 70
CH= 450
Temp= 73
Salt= 3200

image.jpg

It sounds like you have an IntelliChem? Is that correct?

If so, the IntelliChem controls when the cell works and I thought it was always at 100%

I don't know much about the IntelliChem, as it is not one of our recommended products because you have to keep your CYA at too low a level.

Let's see if any of our members has any ideas...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. Yes, Intellichem. Just walked out to this. So it seems to be making chlorine, but won’t display flashing 2% light for low output mode.

image.jpg

I believe the IntelliChem sets the cell output to 0% when it wants to turn it off.

Thanks for the article ajw22, but not sure it answers the issue at hand.

The problem is an inability to set the sanitation output. I’ve read you can’t re-calibrate the newer Pentair swg’s, but wondering if there’s a reset feature? Is it possible a setting was changed during the opening? If so, how would I access this to reset to the desired output?

Thanks for the article ajw22, but not sure it answers the issue at hand.

The problem is an inability to set the sanitation output. I’ve read you can’t re-calibrate the newer Pentair swg’s, but wondering if there’s a reset feature? Is it possible a setting was changed during the opening? If so, how would I access this to reset to the desired output?

Disassociate the Intellichlor from the Intellichem if you want to control its output. It is described in the Wiki link above.

Otherwise the Intellichem is in control of the cell output.

Most pools that have the IntelliChlor salt cells installed do NOT have an IntelliChem system.

All those 'features" work just fine when the IntelliChem is not part of the system. For the IntelliChem to work, it has to control the cell's Chlorine output.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.