ic20 not working

buschfsu

Jul 31, 2023
jax fl
hi all.

i have an ic20 that only registers 20% of useful life when in service mode. it was mfg in 2022. i could have high chlorine demand so im going to try to slam. my question is even if demand is high shouldn't my ph rise? it used to be up to 7.8 every 4-5 days.

ph 7.4
alk 85 ppm
hardness 400ppm
cya 60ppm
salt 3600ppm
phos 0
temp 85
ph 1.9

Busch,

If your Cell has power when you are in the Service mode, then your cell is wired incorrectly and can actually blow up.. Does not happen often, but we have seen several cases where it did...

How big is your pool in gallons??? An IC20 is really only for pools that are less than 10K gallons.

Try this test.. Set the output to 50% and then watch the "cell" light. It should be on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for about 2.5 minutes. This cycle will just keep repeating.. If it does this, most likely the cell is making chlorine but you have algae.

Most cells last 5 to 7 years, so a cell from 2022 should not be used up already even if the cell is undersized.

Thanks,

Jim R.

hi thanks...

10k gallons i could go to ic40 if i had to replace

i do get the cycling you are talking about and i think the cell is probably working. i cant explain why my pH isnt climbing even if the chlorine gets consumed. can't explain that. any thoughts?

thanks
jason

Jason,

You really can't base your decision if the cell is working or not, on what the pH is doing.

You need to perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. or OCLT.. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Basically, two things consume your FC (Chlorine) sunlight and algae.. You run the OCLT at night and if your FC goes down a lot, it has to be algae.

You need to start with an FC of about 7 to 10 ppm

Obviously, you run an OCLT with the salt cell off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.