IC-60 stopped working, no lights

If the company is listed as an authorized seller, then they should be selling EC products and not Tradegrade Products.

In any case, the products are the exact same thing and it makes no sense to treat them as different things just because they have a different part number on a sticker.

Also, the customer cannot be expected to know that there is any difference unless the difference is explained to the customer by the seller, which would be a reasonable expectation.
I think this is a very pertinent point. Thank you for mentioning it.

Reactions: JamesW
If it helps any, they find plenty of reasons to weasel out of their regular warranty too.

Jandy, Pentair and Hayward are all doing various versions of “TradeGrade” policies, but it is pointless and confusing.

It’s the same exact products and it does nothing to help anyone.

Maybe it helps the builders and Service companies feel like they are getting something special, but it is nothing more than pointless terminology that means nothing and does nothing.

Reactions: Newdude
{pool guy taps on the sticker}

“See that there “EC” on the sticker at the end of all them funny numbers?? “

Customer : “Yes”

“That there means this comes off the interwebz and you know you can’t trust nuttin’ off them interweeeebz … now looky here, my stuff, it’s all TRADE GRADE stuff! Gar-Ron-Tee’d by them Pentair folks themselves!! You want Trade Grade QUALITEEE and I can git it for ya or my name ain’t Buster Sleeezeman, certified pool dude !!!”

{adds 18% markup to the invoice …}

The problem is that the cell is TradeGrade and Pentair is not wanting to warranty it.

I know, I get it. I was just being cheeky … as you say, it’s all BS and semantics. Same stinkin hardware. It’s pretty clear that the online seller, which is nothing more than some rando parts fulfillment service that tacks on the standard middle-man markup but takes no ownership of any inventory, doesn’t understand how the warranty works and made it look like the unit was covered. Pentair should make good on the product and then harass the stupid reseller for not getting their product warranty correct.

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Good news! With some helpful talking points from JamesW I was in conversation through email with Pentair support, and just received a favorable response:

“After further review on your case with my manager, we considered sending a new cell as a one time goodwill gesture from Pentair in order to help you . . . Please be advised you are responsible for hiring a pool service for the install and this part does not come with any warranty.”

So thank you to everyone for your help (especially JamesW) and kudos to Pentair for doing the right thing!

Glad to hear Pentair came through.

You might want to keep using your old cell as long as you can patch it together and it works.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.