IC-60 stopped working, no lights

Thanks… that sounds like the best option. I’ll have to look into it tonight.

First you need to register online the product with Pentair then you can submit the warranty claim.

I bought my 1st replacement cell from them. It worked after a tense week wondering if it would come and I didn't need to investigate further. The best we could tell at the time was they were a reseller using that UPS store as their base.

I bought my 1st replacement cell from them. It worked after a tense week wondering if it would come and I didn't need to investigate further. The best we could tell at the time was they were a reseller using that UPS store as their base.
Who knows… I saved my packaging and everything looks legitimate. I think what will get me is the fact that I installed it myself. It’s pretty much plug-and-play since it’s a replacement, so I think that’s ridiculous. But I just registered my cell online and I’m waiting for the warranty card email to arrive. We’ll see what happens and pray for the best.

I think what will get me is the fact that I installed it myself. It’s pretty much plug-and-play since it’s a replacement,
Replacement cells are OK for DIY for a 1 year warranty. But E-commerce models (ECxxxxxxxx) have their own rules so check the website.

For what it’s worth, the company came up in a drop down menu of authorized sellers when I was filling out my product registration. But that’s still not going to help me in terms of installation.

Reactions: Newdude
I called Pentair and got help recalibrating my salt reading so that is all good. I was hopeful about the warranty for the replacement cell, but this is ultimately the email I got after sending photos:

“Jamie,

Good afternoon. I apologise for the delayed response but thank you for sending the photo.
I was able to review your registration and found out that your salt system which is a trade grade product but was purchased online is already passed the warranty.
I apologise for the inconvenience but at this point, we cannot proceed with any warranty process.

In line with this email, you need to ensure that the salt system shuts off when the filter pump does. This would be indicated by when the pump is off there are no lights on the salt cell. If water keeps on seeping or getting into the unit which should not be then it is time for you to buy a new one and replace it.”

I have responded requesting clarification on the warranty since it was my understanding that a replacement cell would be warranted for two years and it seems this would be a manufacturing defect if the cell is taking on water.

Do you think I have any recourse? We will see what they say.

I called Pentair and got help recalibrating my salt reading so that is all good. I was hopeful about the warranty for the replacement cell, but this is ultimately the email I got after sending photos:

“Jamie,

Good afternoon. I apologise for the delayed response but thank you for sending the photo.
I was able to review your registration and found out that your salt system which is a trade grade product but was purchased online is already passed the warranty.
I apologise for the inconvenience but at this point, we cannot proceed with any warranty process.

In line with this email, you need to ensure that the salt system shuts off when the filter pump does. This would be indicated by when the pump is off there are no lights on the salt cell. If water keeps on seeping or getting into the unit which should not be then it is time for you to buy a new one and replace it.”

I have responded requesting clarification on the warranty since it was my understanding that a replacement cell would be warranted for two years and it seems this would be a manufacturing defect if the cell is taking on water.

Do you think I have any recourse? We will see what they say.
Their reply:

“Typically Intellichlor carries 2 Years warranty. However, if the Intellichlor unit is a trade grade product BUT purchased online it will then have a 60-days Parts limited warranty ONLY just like what your unit have.

Based on the serial number registered, your Intellichlor is a trade grade product that you purchased online and thus have only 60 days warranty.
Warranty start date: 3/14/2023 Warranty end date: 5/13/2023”

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

When you buy your next cell either make sure you are getting an EC- cell if ordering online or you are ordering a Trade Grade cell from a retail store.

For example, Polytec Pools is a retail store and you can get both EC and Trade Grade cells from them...

From Pool Product Warranty Information

TradeGrade products must be purchased from a retail store (brick & mortar), pool builder or pool service company to receive a one-year, two-year or three-year warranty. If purchased online will only receive a sixty-day limited warranty. View the list of TradeGrade Products.

Ecommerce (EC) products: Products purchased from an Authorized Pentair Online Reseller (products beginning with EC-) receive a one (1) year (parts only) warranty from the date of purchase. The exceptions are: IntelliChlor cells and IntelliFlo SVRS pumps which receive a two (2) year (parts only) warranty. EC products are not eligible for the bundled three (3) year extended warranty.

1697050871183.png

1697050904410.png

1697050973748.png

1697051050213.png

1696953491956-png.534986

The seller represented that the warranty was 2 years.

Technically, the Tradegrade products have a 60 day warranty if purchased online.

In my opinion, this is a bunch of nonsense.

This is just semantic games and I would not accept a rejection of the warranty.

I would pursue the seller and Pentair and insist on warranty coverage.

This whole "Online" sales policy of manufacturers is a bunch of nonsense.

It's nothing more than semantic games and it does not mean anything.

Companies cannot prevent people from buying online or treat the purchase any differently.

View attachment 535187

View attachment 535188

View attachment 535189

View attachment 535190

1696953491956-png.534986

The seller represented that the warranty was 2 years.

Technically, the Tradegrade products have a 60 day warranty if purchased online.

In my opinion, this is a bunch of nonsense.

This is just semantic games and I would not accept a rejection of the warranty.

I would pursue the seller and Pentair and insist on warranty coverage.
I feel the same way about this just being semantics. I didn’t know anything about Trade grade versus EC before this.

I went back to the seller’s website and looked at the product listing. I don’t see where they represented it as having a two-year warranty. did I miss something that you were seeing? I will try to negotiate with Pentair, but it seems I don’t really have any recourse based on their fine print. Do you have any practical tips on how to handle the conversation/email if I want to pursue this with them?

The good news is my cell is working again. Maybe I just re-secure the cover and caulk around the seam and hope it lasts if I don’t get a new one under warranty?

You need to take this problem to Pool Cleaning Parts and insist they make good on the warranty if they claim the product has it.

You need to take this problem to Pool Cleaning Parts and insist they make good on the warranty if they claim the product has it.
That’s the thing… I don’t see where they claimed the warranty in the product listing. I just assumed as a Pentair product it would have it, and based on advice here, thought it would have a full two years as a replacement cell. This was before I knew the fine print difference between trade grade and EC.

That’s the thing… I don’t see where they claimed the warranty in the product listing. I just assumed as a Pentair product it would have it, and based on advice here, thought it would have a full two years as a replacement cell. This was before I knew the fine print difference between trade grade and EC.
I would still get noisy with your vendor and see if they step up.

I am attempting to follow up firmly with Pentair to honor the warranty, but in the meantime, I am going to troubleshoot the water leaking into the cell. I have just made sure it is bone dry inside and we’ll see if any water reappears without there being rain to get in from the outside.

Reactions: JamesW
For what it’s worth, the company came up in a drop down menu of authorized sellers
If the company is listed as an authorized seller, then they should be selling EC products and not Tradegrade Products.

In any case, the products are the exact same thing and it makes no sense to treat them as different things just because they have a different part number on a sticker.

Also, the customer cannot be expected to know that there is any difference unless the difference is explained to the customer by the seller, which would be a reasonable expectation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.