Portland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
My IC-20 stopped chlorinating within the last couple weeks. When I hold down the right arrow button all the lights do some sort of cycle but it doesn’t display the hours of usage.

During run time, the salt and flow lights are on, but not the cell and not the sanitation lights.

I’m not sure how old it is. But at most, and likely, it’s 7 years old.

I assume it’s toast?

Z,

Generally, the cell light will flash, when the cell is toast... But not always..

Set the cell output to 50% and the cell light should be on for 2.5 minutes and then off for about 2.5 minutes.

If you can't set the cell output, the cell light will never come on.

If connected to an automation system, you can't adjust the cell light at the equipment pad, it must be done on the automation.

Does the cell do the flashing red/green light at start up?

Thanks,

Jim R..

Z,

Generally, the cell light will flash, when the cell is toast... But not always..

Set the cell output to 50% and the cell light should be on for 2.5 minutes and then off for about 2.5 minutes.

If connected to an automation system, you can't adjust the cell light at the equipment pad, it must be done on the automation.

Thanks,

Jim R..
When I hold down the more button for a couple seconds the lights cycle and then the cell light goes on for a few seconds. Then it goes off.

I have it set to 100% output and only the salt and flow lights are on.

I just cleaned the cell yesterday too.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpeg
    IMG_2309.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 2
Z,

Thanks,

Jim R..
My PH jar did crack about 6 weeks ago, so I had to shut the valves to the ph probe. Back then you may have mentioned that I need to change something when the PH is offline. Could that be affecting the salt cell?

Z,

So you have an IntelliChem system??? If so, that is the problem..

It is hard for us to try and help you, if you don't tell us the "Whole Story"... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes sorry! New to this and actually assumed the pentair SWG & intellichem were are one system that came as a package.

Fill out your signature with pool, all pool equipment (manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing you help without having to ask you each time.
Thanks. Done. I thought that info was contained within the top box with my username and “intellchlor” was the whole intellichem sysyem. Now I know those systems are separate. :oops:

Reactions: Newdude
Read about how your IntelliChlor works with the IntelliChem in Pentair IntelliChem - Further Reading
Thank you for the suggestion and link! Wow, what a finicky and sensitive system always on the brink.... Depending on ORP is interesting... I'm sure its much different in the pool industry because we want to kill everything, but ORP is still an extraordinarily complex process.

For anyone coming across this thread that wants to try and understand the chemistry behind ORP, here is an article by a pre-eminent chemist, Randy Holmes-Farley. The article is written for reef aquaria, where you obviously don't want to to kill everything, but still fight algae. It explains ORP well in lay terms. https://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-12/rhf/feature/index.php

I will now take Intellichem offline, and voila, have direct control over my IC20! Thank you thank you thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an EasyTouch system. Hopefully all my details are in my signature.

I have an IntelliChem and IC20. I would like to disable IntelliChem for good and control my IC20 manually. I’ve read the posts on how to disassociate but they all discuss IntelliCenter2, which I don’t have.

I have at ORP to none.
On easy touch I enabled Chlorinator.
That didn’t work. There are no settings I could find on EasyTouch to control IntelliChem.

I just finally unplugged IntelliChem all together and my IC20 still won’t let me manually control output on the pump.

When I hold down more for a few seconds all the lights cycle, then cell goes on for a few seconds, then it goes off and flow and salt are the only lights on. Both green.

This seems incredibly convuluted to disassociate.

Thanks!

Apparently there are two ScreenLogic apps: ScreenLogic and ScreenLogic Config. I read that link previously and it appeared to be referencing the ScreenLogic app and a configuration menu within that app. I found and installed the other app. It shows IntelliChem is disabled.

IC20 still behaves the same as above.

Apparently there are two ScreenLogic apps: ScreenLogic and ScreenLogic Config. I read that link previously and it appeared to be referencing the ScreenLogic app and a configuration menu within that app. I found and installed the other app. It shows IntelliChem is disabled.

IC20 still behaves the same as above.

Reset the pump again and it’s working!

Thanks for the help everyone.

Much easier to set things up in ScreenLogic using a PC. Just download the software off the Pentair site.

Reactions: Zalick