Central CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
So I recently filled my pool, then I noticed it was a not quite high enough after a couple weeks, I figured evaporation was causing it, so I filled it up a a couple of inches, sometime earlier this week, and it's been cloudy most of the week and raining for 2 days, and now it's back down to the original level at which I thought was too low,

So it seems I have a leak, now there are some cracks I can see in the skimmer assembly, I've attached a picture highlighting the cracked area, I also patched an area near one of the return jets,

Now the skimmer cracks could be fixed relatively easily I think, I'd just have to drain to just below the skimmer opening, dry it out, then seal with marine sealant, (that's my idea at least)

How can I check which area is leaking?

Who knows maybe it's somewhere else.

Attachments

• 20220604_221446.jpg
    20220604_221446.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 15
Turn off the pump, put some food dye with a medicine dosing syringe you’d use to give medicine to infants by the suspected leak. See if the food dye gets sucked into where you believe the leak to be.

How can I check which area is leaking?
Have you tried some food coloring?

full

Wow that was quick, I used pink dye ;) it sucked it right into the crack in the skimmer

I have that marine 5200 that is moisture curing, I'll use that, at least it was an easy find thanks for the suggestions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-230419_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-230419_Video Player.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.