I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you make the last backwashed tracker optional? If you use a cartridge filter, it's just taking up extra space on the main page which annoys my OCD lol. Same with the filter gauge, since the filters that come with some above ground pools don't have a gauge on them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you make the last backwashed tracker optional? If you use a cartridge filter, it's just taking up extra space on the main page which annoys my OCD lol. Same with the filter gauge, since the filters that come with some above ground pools don't have a gauge on them.

I already had plans to add type of filter, so backwashing doesn't show up for cart filters. But I can add a switch to turn the gauge off too if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when you're adding a test, it doesn't show you the previous results for salt like it does for everything else.

It does now ;)

Russell,

Speaking about new updates, you snuck one in on me that I just found yesterday while doing "what-ifs" with my pool on my laptop with your Poollogger tool. I was using your Quick Calculator function for FC. The Quick Calculator recommended I add 87 oz of bleach to raise my pool FC to 10. The undocumented update/feature I saw on the results screen of this calculator is a link to ADD the bleach to your chemical log if you wish. Brilliant! Now when I am testing my pool and doing "what-ifs", I can use the Quick Calculator to determine how much bleach to add and then with one press add this to my Chemical Log without having to do the extra steps of opening the chemical log. What a nice addition! I love it!

Now the request... you knew this was coming. :)

Why not add a link like this for on the INFO screens that pop up if you click a tested value, like FC? For instance when I click on my orange FC test value, 6.5 in this case, I get a "Warning that I should add 62 oz of Bleach to reach my target FC = 9". Most of the time, I would then add that 62 oz to my pool and then open the Chemical Addition log to enter in the 62 oz's. Well if I had the same link in this Warning screen as the one in your Quick Calculator, I would not even have to open the Chemical Log. I could just press the link and BOOM, it was added to my Added Chemical log. Perfection!

P.P.S --- And don't stop with just FC. Need a add Chemical Link for FC, CC, pH, TA, CH, and CYA. :)

I know I have been asking for a lot. But with the upcoming addition of being able to do Multiple Pools (tracks my pool and my Jacuzzi's care), I just get excited when tools like this make my life so much easier.

TFP Owners have decided to close this thread soon. I just wanted to say, I have never asked for anything from anyone here other than feedback and ideas. Pool Logger is free, and you are all still welcome to use it all you want. It is not going anywhere. I will continue developing the app as I have for the past year. I has been a pleasure.

If you need any help or have any questions or feature requests, please go to poollogger.com and fill out the contact form. I may set up a support forum on the site in the near future so you can see the development progress and ask for features and bug fixes.

Thank you all for the support and ideas.

TFP Owners have decided to close this thread soon. I just wanted to say, I have never asked for anything from anyone here other than feedback and ideas. Pool Logger is free, and you are all still welcome to use it all you want. It is not going anywhere. I will continue developing the app as I have for the past year. I has been a pleasure.

If you need any help or have any questions or feature requests, please go to poollogger.com and fill out the contact form. I may set up a support forum on the site in the near future so you can see the development progress and ask for features and bug fixes.

Thank you all for the support and ideas.

If you're looking for a good bug tracking/support ticket software, I've used Mantis Bug Tracker before and really liked it.

And thanks for such a great test logging program!

Last edited:
Thanks for all your hard work, Russell, and for the heads up about this thread. You've generously provided a wonderful tool for all of us and I've appreciated it very much. I look forward to continuing to use PoolLogger and to discovering the new features that just keep making it better and better. :)

Russell,

I second what everyone above have said. I also really do appreciate all your hard work, and your excellent web app which I use religiously for treating my pool (and now my Jacuzzi). I will continue to use it and send you comments as long as you support it free for all users. I highly suggest you develop or purchase some type of user messageboard where your current and future users can discuss bugs and possible upgrades. It would be a true shame if you stopped getting users due to having no place to discuss your app. I think it is amazing that the current users of TFP have choices of different tools to take care of their pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.