How to remove calcium buildup from Diamond Brite?

Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
1. We've had calcium buildup on our diamond brite for years. What is the best way to remove this? Every pool guy/ store I've asked has given me a different answer. You can see all the raised white spots in the pic below.

2. We've also developed a discoloration on the tiles at the water line. What's the best way to remove this?

IMG_3376.jpeg
IMG_3654.jpeg

Discoloration on the tiles at the water line may be...

Your calcium buildup may be scale. Sanding the plaster with 80 grit wet/dry or a pumice stone may get it off. What is your water chemistry and CSI?

Those spots REALLY stand out. I can't remember ever seeing calcium quite like that.........I am quite sure it IS calcium, I just haven't seen it form like that.

Are they on the pool floor? Do they show up throughout the pool? What have you tried to remove them so far?

Those spots REALLY stand out. I can't remember ever seeing calcium quite like that.........I am quite sure it IS calcium, I just haven't seen it form like that.

Are they on the pool floor? Do they show up throughout the pool? What have you tried to remove them so far?

They're throughout the pool. Some are tiny, some are huge. Haven't tried anything-- have heard conflicting information from everyone I've talked to, so haven't acted yet.

Search Calcium Nodules in the forum. See if that equates to what you see on the pool surfaces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.