Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Howdy folks. I'm trying to upgrade my EasyTouch outdoor system, currently running 2.18, to 2.19 using the instructions in this thread. I'm hoping that will solve the Heat Pump communication issue mentioned in the wiki and this post.

I bought the AliExpress FreeScale USBDM programmer and have a Windows 7 VM running (on a Windows 11 host) via VMWare which has the firmware updater, CodeWarrier and the HSC12 Programmer installed. I have the Micro JST wired up as described by @Chenzo in this post and followed his instructions to try to update the board.

After plugging in the JST connector and turning the breaker back on to power up the board, the programmer fails trying to detect the chip:

1709659765558.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong or if something has changed with any of the prerequisite programs that is causing the error.

Thanks for any insight.

Devin

Last edited:
Hey folks, I use an old PE-Micro parallel port programmer with the prog-z software, so it's likely a little different and the error messages won't be the same, but...

I have to power up the Easytouch board BEFORE I connect the programmer's jst connector to it, or I'll get a failed to connect error. I figured that was a quirk of my unpowered programmer, but maybe it's worth a try? Otherwise, perhaps @Telemachus has an idea?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.