How to get pool back in shape?

So it’s starting to look like a pool again! It’s not completely normal but is a light bluish green. How often should I test the cya? Testing it every time I test chlorine but I’m wondering if that is overkill? And should I be worried that the cya is still at 30?

So it’s starting to look like a pool again! It’s not completely normal but is a light bluish green. How often should I test the cya? Testing it every time I test chlorine but I’m wondering if that is overkill? And should I be worried that the cya is still at 30?
That’s great news! Keep going with that SLAM!

At this point, you’ve tested CYA at 30 for a couple days now, yeah? I don’t see a reason to keep testing it every time because it seems pretty stable at 30. Meaning, at first you weren’t seeing any CYA in your tests. Then all of a sudden you see it and now you’ve tested it a couple times and gotten the same result. So you can safely say you have a CYA or 30. You won’t lose any CYA unless you replace water, have a leak somewhere, or splash out. None of which seem likely right now for you.

Reactions: Newdude
So I'll chime in that you may want to order more cya regeant now depending on how much you tested. Better to have it when you need it than to run out & wait on it

So the pool has been the right shade of blue for days but it’s still cloudy even after endless vacuuming and scooping. Any suggestions? I’m very close to just hiring another pool company, which I know I shouldn’t do. But between the crazy cost of bleach and time, it just feels never ending.

So the pool has been the right shade of blue for days but it’s still cloudy even after endless vacuuming and scooping. Any suggestions? I’m very close to just hiring another pool company, which I know I shouldn’t do. But between the crazy cost of bleach and time, it just feels never ending.
Don’t give up! I’m sure you’re really close! Can you share a pic?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.