Costa Rica
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Trying to design my pool lay out at the moment.

The inground pool will have one end with benches and spa jet returns within the pool itself.

Our plumber suggests using a separate pump for this but I cannot see the need since we can just redirect the pool returns with a 3-way valve when we want a spa effect.
All the lines will be 2 inch fed by two in ground drains and two skimmers. The pump is an Intellipro 3. I am assuming there will be a 2 hp blower and the return flow will be directed through the Clean and clear 420.

How many jets can I have on a system like this before we start to lose pressure?

Is there a better layout for what we want to achieve.

Based in Costa Rica so no need for a heater,

The first step in designing a spa is to settle on the number of jets, size of jet and how strong you would like the jet to feel. Once this is determined, the following table can be used to determine the proper pipe size and the resulting operating point for the pump.

Spa_Jet_Design.png

The following example will help understand how to use the sizing table:

Jet Design: 6 x 3/8" Jets @ 15 GPM/Jet
Total Flow Rate = 90 GPM
Minimum Recommended Pipe Size = 3.0"
Head Loss ~ 37' (assumes 100' of pipe and typical fittings for a spa)
Desired Pump Operating Point = 90 GPM @ 37' of head

2" pipe will limit you to about 60GPM.

3" pipes to and from the spa plumbing will work well up to around 130 GPM.

You want to keep the water velocity below 6 ft/sec on the suction and below 8 ft/sec on the pressure side of the pump.

Pipe Size6 ft/sec8 ft/sec
1.5"38 GPM51 GPM
2"63 GPM84 GPM
2.590 GPM119 GPM
3.0"138 GPM184 GPM
4.0"235 GPM312 GPM

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.