Annapolis MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When I installed my SWG earlier this year I set my timer to run the pump and SWG from sun-up to sundown. I’ve occasionally adjusted the run time to account for the data getting longer and I’ll shorten the runtime as the days get shorter. My logic was that if the sun was out it was eating the chlorine and I’d better be replacing it during the same time and I figured some extra filtration time couldn’t hurt either and I must say, it seems to have been working.

But since I’ve joined TFP and now have the guidance of experts, I’m wondering if that’s really best.

Any thoughts?

By the way, air temps are in the 90’s lately and the pool water is probably in the mid 80’s. The sun is up by 6am and Doesn’t set until almost 9pm.

You want the pump to run at least long enough for the SWCG to make the chlorine your pool needs each day.

To determine that, we need to know what size cell you have, the brand of cell, and how big your pool is in gallons.

And if you have a single speed, 2-speed, or VS pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

When you test the water if the Free Chlorine concentration stays pretty constant then it is producing enough chlorine.

You should add your pool and equipment details to your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.