How do you remove a portion of a vinyl liner?

Hey Fahad! Welcome to TFP!!! Lots of folks here to help. :swim: :swim:

I think a bit more information would really help us.
  1. Do you have an above ground pool in in-ground?
  2. What do you mean by unclip?
  3. Why do you want to unclip the liner? Are your replacing the liner or is there some other reason?
If you fill out your signature, that would really help!!!

I have an inground pool. I want to remove a portion of the liner to insert a hose behind the liner to remove ground water. There are tons of videos on how to put a liner back in place but nothing on how to remove a portion of the liner. Any feedback would be great.

Is your water is low enough so you can "gather" a little of the liner, the lower the better. I use VERY CAREFULLY a heat gun just to soften the liner in a corner. Put your fingers down to water level and push gently in and up as if you were to want a make a wrinkle. The liner in the track will be loose and a third hand should be able to push directly under that reinforced strip on top of the liner and roll it out. If you do not have 3 hands , hold that "wrinkle" with one hand and pick at the retainer lip with your other hand. I maybe should not say this BUT i have had to use a small screw driver just to start the unclipping at times. Be sure you do not have liner lock installed.
I hope the water behind your liner is ground water and not a hole in your liner .

It is exactly the reverse action of installing.

If it has a loose spot you should be able to carefully finagle it out of the track. Possible with the help of a plastic spudger or flat head screwdriver.
Getting it warm can help.
How old is the liner? If it is damaged/compromised or very old you may want to leave it alone & not risk tearing it.
Can you post some pictures? How much water?
Here’s a good thread on the subject👇
Prevention is the best medicine- correcting the reason for the water is necessary or it will likely happen again. Diverting water away from the pool area & possibly installing well points w/ a sump pump if needed.

Reactions: fahadkhan17
As @1Sammy mentioned- confirm its not from a leak

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.