Houston, TX Pool Build Diary - From Design to Dive-In

What color is your Pebble Sheen? Did you add any abalone to it?

My pool is about 14,000 gallons and it was done in one day with two hoses. They started filling in the morning and we moved it to the spa around 10 p.m. By 1:00 a.m. it was full. We elected to stay up late and stop it before going to bed. We were amazed at how fast it filled.

Congratulations Plat!! You got plastered! Woot woot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on making it to this stage. That first plunge will make it all worthwhile. The frustrating thing at this point is you see all the cool little details that make it special (white beads, shell, etc) but to get them to show up in a photo so others can see is almost impossible. Pool and spa are looking great!

Thanks all.

Prep is still going on. Not filling yet.

There are some minor issues getting addressed. The "biggest" one right now (that I know about) is in the spa. There is a 12" - 16" line of white thinset visible from the edge of the glass tile on top of the spillover. You can see it poking through the black Beadcrete. I pointed it out to one of the plaster crew guys who kind of gave me that "well there's nothing we can do" shoulder shrug response. Fortunately he's not in charge because that's how you run a company into the ground. Builder says it will be fixed. He had to run out to get some black fittings for the spa to replace some white ones and should be here soon to look it over, but he also said one of the plaster supervisors was coming out too. Evidently we had 3 supervisors here all at once yesterday for the plaster install because of the complexity...

It really is beautiful and it seems to have been a top notch install otherwise, but I also haven't been able to get up close to anything in the actual pool yet either. I stepped out there when the crew was just dumping in the acid wash. You could see the vapors coming up from it. They must form an immunity to it after a while because my lips and eyes were tingling and I didn't really feel like sticking around and inhaling it.

plat.

We're filling!!!

9 gallons/min on hose #1
5 gallons/min on hose #2

15,000 / 14 = 1071 / 60 = 17.8 hours.

started at 2pm so probably 5am at the latest and in all honesty, that 15k gallons probably would also include the spa. Guess I am doing a 3am check..... :sleep:

The thinset/beadcrete issue is going to get fixed after this weekend. Too much risk of having something torn up for our meeting/party on Sunday.

plat.

Got up at 5:30am with about two feet left to finish the pool. This first photo was at 7am with the water up to the first step.

Just about 3 more inches to go now at 8am. Waterline tile was exactly what we were hoping for with a very close look to the actual water color so it just disappears. With the plaster underwater now, it's a whole different look. Especially with a little sunlight on it. The color went to a much truer blue with the first direct sunlight.

plat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.