Houston, TX Pool Build Diary - From Design to Dive-In

Is it plaster day today???

Hey Marla!

Not today. There was more to do that got bumped due to rain Fri/Sat. Full build crew was out there today doing other prep and the electrician snaked in the light runs. We also had the fence crew out finishing up the new exterior yard fencing. It's been a crazy day.

We did get word a little while ago that we are #1 for plaster for tomorrow morning from MM!!! Barring rain, looks like this is it!

plat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well plaster is in....

They started with the BeadCrete in the spa (Black Sea).

Then moved on to the PebbleSheen in the pool (Cool Blue)

Their setup was really amazing. They strung lines over the pool secured to trees, the patio and the fence and then used that to hang all their lines on for plaster hoses and water misters.

They finished just in time too it seems. About 15 minutes ago it started pouring. Our builder says not to worry, this will be OK.

So tomorrow they do final finishing and acid wash I guess and then we fill!!!

plat.

ohhhhhhhh awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww NICE! The acid wash will make it even better!

Swimming by the weekend!

:kim:

Funny you should mention that. It seems everyone gets in their pool, even if very briefly, after it is filled. Our builder has said it's OK and it looks like PebbleTec is also saying it is OK in their literature, but there are a LOT of warnings (including here on TFP) about not getting in your pool for 28 days.

Perhaps this is just a traditional plaster issue? Curioys what others have heard or been told.

Thanks
plat.

Congrats! Glad the weather held out for you! Pool looks gorgeous already. Can't wait to see it full of water!

Thanks!

Fill begins in 2-ish hours I am hearing right now. My guestimate math puts volume at just around 15k gallons. With 2 hoses, I think I should get about 12 - 14 gallons per hour or so.

A 10am start and 18 - 20 hours of fill time means an early Thursday morning to move the hoses to the spa and then shut it off shortly after. Maybe I'll turn the hose flows down so I can sleep in... LOL.

plat.

The 28 day rule is ridiculous and needs to be modified.

The plaster crew is walking on the plaster the following day when they do the acid and pressure wash aren't they?

Absolutely get in the pool. The one thing you should avoid is using the heater for at least the first two weeks.

That 28 day is for the ACID filled water start up. It is NOT clear in the directions. We had one PB (Suz's pool) that even has it written in his directions "When the water gets to the middle of the skimmer JUMP IN!" LOL

Slow that water down and sleep in!

:kim:

Plaster guys out there now power washing. OMG!!!! Everything looks even better! The BeadCrete is amazing. All the white beads now show up. Looks like a star field. Can't wait to see that at night with the spa light on.

plat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.