Hot spring Moto massager leak

tim126

Feb 22, 2024
texas
I saw posts from last year concerning moto leaks. I have a leak in the corner and can’t locate the source. I’ve removed foam from both side of the corners but closer to the tub the foam is like rock. I’ve seem posts saying the moto drain line has a history of cracking or shrinking out of its fitting. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what to say... You are correct? Welcome to the wonderful world of spa repair, now you know why we all hate hot springs.
Yes, leaks at the jet drain are not uncommon, so much so that they make a kit to fix it from inside the tub that works about 25% of the time. But still the majority of leaks are in the equipment area. Diverters are also a common issue. That hard foam can channel water across the spa before it comes out, so where you see the water dripping is not necessarily where the leak is. Also, it can be harder than the shell in some spots so be careful or you may poke a hole in your shell removing that hard foam.
The jet drain line connects into a plumbing drain system of small hoses and fragile fittings prone to issues and easily damaged while digging foam.
Not what you were hoping, I know, but I hope it helps. I have a thread, "ever wonder what biofilm looks like?", that shows a HS freeze rebuild with a surprise. Might check it out.

Reactions: Mdragger88