Hoping for HELP to identify this pool.

Wow! Way to hang in there. You have an excellent DH. You should be very nice to him.

Pool School will become much eaasier and make a lot more sense once you actually start using the things that's written there.

The biggest thing I can tell you is not to stress too much about it. You can always come back and ask any questions you may have.

Thanks You guys :) And thanks for the advice with everything. I was pretty much ready to be done with it. We are almost to the fill line where we can go ahead and install the returns and skimmer. But I am going to go take a picture and post it anyway.... I will be back in a flash :D

P1010431.jpg

I wasn't real happy when I noticed this.....
P1010473.jpg

BUT..... It is okay. Those guys got it up and filled and that makes every one of them MY hero along with all of you who have encouraged and helped along the way!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh yeah.... and the posts you see in the background..... those are posts for an electric fence to keep in the horses that I was "notified" are joining our family. I am sure those hot days in the pool are going to be very..... aromatic? LMAO

Oh well...... I can always put up some air fresheners :D

NOW.... just need to figure out how we are getting in and out. The ladder we have connects to a deck, which I have decided against since our daughter is five. Maybe later, but not until I know that she follows all directions regarding the pool. So, I have stairs that go in and are supposed to attach to a deck.... I am trying to figure out a way to "rig" something just for now, but so far I haven't a clue. We haven't put in the skimmer or anything yet since I ended up ordering a new one. Is it okay if she goes in it the way it is??? She is itching to go in but I am not sure if it is a good idea anyway, even if I can get her in and out safely without the right ladder.... ugh

question.... what is better??? A butterfly gasket on a skimmer, or the regular two different pieces of gasket? Any thoughts? I have both so we have a choice here..... Yes, the new skimmer has just arrived :)

poolstupid said:
NOW.... just need to figure out how we are getting in and out. The ladder we have connects to a deck, which I have decided against since our daughter is five. Maybe later, but not until I know that she follows all directions regarding the pool. So, I have stairs that go in and are supposed to attach to a deck.... I am trying to figure out a way to "rig" something just for now, but so far I haven't a clue. We haven't put in the skimmer or anything yet since I ended up ordering a new one. Is it okay if she goes in it the way it is??? She is itching to go in but I am not sure if it is a good idea anyway, even if I can get her in and out safely without the right ladder.... ugh

I vote for a trampoline into the pool! (just kidding very unsafe!)

Lershac said:
poolstupid said:

I vote for a trampoline into the pool! (just kidding very unsafe!)

Oh, how I love love love that idea! But..... :roll: I have to be "safe"........ :cheers: I got hope in and out of it.... she loves the pool!!! :D

I need help. Does the pump and filter have to be in an enclosed area????? It is a hayward pump and filter. We don't even know how it goes together. From the skimmer do we attach the pump and then the pump to the filter and filter to returns???

Yes, the pipe or hose from the skimmer will go into the front of the pump. You will need a pipe or hose that comes out of the pump (usually on the top) and goes into the filter. Where it goes into and out of the filter depends on what type of filter it is. Could you post a picture?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.