Hoping for HELP to identify this pool.

I ordered a beaded liner, but apparently this company doesn't tell people that it is a J-hook and we have to remove that top portion. I am so irritated. Plus, they said I probably didn't use enough sand when their instructions with the liner shield said that you did not have to use sand. We did, but I don't think we used 4inches worth.

I don't think you need to add 4" of sand. What you have should be good.

Remove the j-hook, set the bead and use the shop vac to set it if you have one. That way if something happens, you won't lose any more water.

Do you think I can do this myself... all by myself? Is it possible? There is water draining from all sides of the pool..... eventually it is going to run dry and that will shrink the liner. Should I jump in and try?

Calm down. Take a deep breath and count to 10! Now don't panic. There's no huge rush. Just let all the water drain out so you can handle it. It's not going to shrink this new. That takes time. Once all the water is out just set the liner in the track and begin again. There's no use getting in a rush.

You can do it by yourself. It takes more time but it's doable. Just take your time.

Hasn't been a good day at all. Right now I have the liner wrapped up in very wet armor shield. We are going to have to take all of the top rails back off and tamp the sand again. Husband came home and caught me trying to do it all myself and said, "that's it... in the house. Enough is enough." I then started spouting off how I couldn't let the liner get dry and that I was worried it would shrink. He said a few dirty words, got out our daughters old plastic pool, put the liner in it and then flipped it over and put the armor shield which is soaking wet over the top of it. He said it will maintain humidity and to give myself a break for the day. He sites the bruises up and down my arms and the sunburned skin..... he said he will get the da*.... (*bad word) up but if I didn't get out of the pool he wasn't going to help me at all. I retreated back to the house feeling very defeated. Even the pool cove things are messed up... some of them have come loose from the water. I will just use that Gorilla tape on them (tomorrow when he is at work)... I will tape them back in place, re-wet the liner and take all the top rails off (even though my thumb and hands have blisters from turning a screw driver. Some of the sand even washed out.
It felt a little weird cutting the 'j' hook off that liner but I was so done with being afraid of the situation that I finally said to myself that if I screwed up the liner that we were done with the whole pool thing for this year. Before I knew what I was really accomplishing, I had a wad of "j" hook in my hand and eventually a big wad of it in both hands. So it is finally and officially a "beaded" liner. Problem was that I couldn't get the dang thing into the receiver. Any advice on how to get this into the receiver?? It just wouldn't go. And before I knew it, my husband was forcing me out of the pool and into the house....

WEll, the people I bought the pool from lied to me about the condition of the pool. It is up and I have to take it all down and start over. It has been my dream since I was a little girl to have a pool in my back yard, but right now I am feeling defeated and like maybe this dream isn't supposed to happen. My husband is having to work extra hours because both co-workers are having personal problems. One had a heart attack at work (only in his 30's) and the others' daughter has just been diagnosed with brain cancer. That leaves only me. And since all of my base sand is messed up, we litterally have to start all over. I am doing my best to keep the 400 dollar liner wet. If it shrinks, the dream is over because I can't put anymore money into this. With what I have spent already, and will have to spend to make this all right..... I should have bought a brand new pool (and could have). I will NEVER buy anything off craigslist again. The guy wont even call me back. I even had my mom call him. He got his 850.00 dollars and that's all he cares about. He conned me and he knows it. Now the question is whether this is worth trying to remedy. I would be horrified if the wall of the pool split and my daughter was in it and was severely cut as she flowed out with the other thousands of gallons of water.
I thought I knew what I was doing. I thought I had researched this all very well. So many things have went wrong.... I want to cry. Last night was rough and today is worse. I don't even want to look out there. Someone wake me up when this nightmare is over....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I guess I picked the right name for myself here. POOLSTUPID. And by the way, I bet it says, "SUCKER" on my forehead. I even had this talk with this guy who I bought the pool from about how people aren't honest in today's world. I let him and his wife know that this was money that I had saved up. My oldest is disabled and I thought this would be good for him because he is very sedentary. He is affected with autism and tries to just sit in his room with a computer. I thought swimming would be great exercise. I explained to them when I found out about the liner they gave me was probably not going to work because of shrinkage that I didn't even know if I would be able to afford to put the pool up this year because all of those who I spoke to said it was not a good idea to even try it. Was it possible it would work? Yes..... but not likely. So I spent the 400 on a liner, money for the armor shield, coping and of course I had to buy new bead receivers as he didn't even tell me that he had used wire snippers or something to take the liner out..... this left bent and sharp edges on every piece. yesterday I got a steel splinter in my finger by the return hole. Obviously I will need to do something about that. Every extra penny I had went into this pool. I feel so defeated. I don't have anyone to help me and no matter how hard I tried to put the liner in the bead receiver... it just wouldn't go. I am usually not a woman to give up... but I am sunburned, (I used sunscreen but didn't stop working to reapply it) I have been out there every day since Early saturday morning. I had weed killer applied to the sand and as the water flowed out my dogs started drinking the water and by the time I noticed it was too late. My five year old started playing in it and that was early yesterday.... it is a whole story and not a good experience....... I think I just need to take a break from the situation. If the liner shrinks, then it shrinks. I can't keep doing this to myself or my daughter. She has not had proper attention from me since Saturday when we started putting the pool up... because I have been trying so hard to make things right. I think the whole thing needs to come apart to be honest. Is anyone here from Michigan (the lower peninsula?) I have some money in my emergency fund..... at this point I am willing to pay someone to help me. Anyone interested?

The people refuse to return my phone call..... the one's who lied to me about the pool wall. Believe it or not, they own a Christian Supply Store... found them on facebook. Wonder if I should message them that way because it is obvious they are around. They both have facebook pages and they both have been active. :( Maybe they just don't care that they ripped me off.

I think the best thing for you to do at this point is to back off for a day or two and take a break. Things will be ok. Enough things have happened that you feel completely overwhelmed. Come back in a day or two and things will go much better.

Hang in there, I've been reading this thread and rooting for you. Things will get better, at this point I'd let it go with the people who sold you the pool. If they were good people then they would have made things right from the beginning. You are not going to get what you want from them, Karma will catch up with them beleive me. We had a rocky start with our pool too and it basically ruined our summer last year, I too have small kids and felt so guilty that so much time was taken up arguing with contractors and spending money on things we shouldn't have had to spend. :rant: However, this year that is all a distant memory and seeing my kids have a blast in the pool or swimming with dh at night has made it all worth it.

Maybe someone can offer advice as to what to do with the liner to keep it soft while you take a day or two off to come up with a plan?

In all of my saddness and depression about the recent unfoldings of my "great deal" pool..... I have finally closed a knawing chapter regarding this pool. It was sold by Tidewater Enterprises. It was manufactured by Delair. It is the Summer Dunes Pool. 2007 production. Delair is out of business, however, I did find one place online whom does carry 'some' of the parts still. A new wall is around 600 dollars though.... :( Since we have to start over due to the buckling that Mr. dishonest from craigslist didn't tell me about...... I have not went out and even looked at the pool. Today my taylor test kit was delivered. I kind of sat it on my lap and read through the booklet. I kind of daydreamed how the pool would have been full by now and ready to be tested. Since I was a little girl I've always wanted a real pool in my backyard. I want that for my daughter..... she loves the water, is a great swimmer and because we live in the middle of nowhere on beautiful land where family and nature is all that matters...... there is no place more perfect for a pool. One way or another, by the end of this summer, I WILL have a pool. It might not be this one that I purchased, but I have learned a valuable lesson and I know more now than I did 2 months ago. One major thing...... never rely on another person to be honest when the green in their hand depends on it..... the money was more important to him than his integrity. And as a good and honest person that I am..... I can not help but admit that I truly hope that somehow this comes back to him every time he gets inside of his pool. I hope he remembers my daughter's face and her smile when he brought a broken, incomplete pool to us, passing it off as 'only a couple years old' with all the parts because "HE personally took it down". I hope his imagination serves him well of how disappointed we all must have been to see that pool wall all bent. And then to see that not all of the top rail caps were there to the pool.
As a man.... he should be ashamed. But I think about the fact that he had his son with him as he lied to me...... for that, I have absolutely no respect for him. He hasn't returned my phone calls, or my mothers' (who has witnessed this unfold knowing full well what this pool meant to me...a dream of mine since a little girl and one she couldn't afford even used)...... but wait until he gets a small claims notice in the mail. Because tomorrow, I am filing a small claims suit against him. Yes, you read that right. Not because of the money, but because I feel he should at least have to face me as I explain to the judge how he outright lied to me. He knew I wasn't strong enough to unroll that pool wall myself. The buckel is dead center in the 27 foot pool. Which put the buckled part in the middle of that roll. I was only able to check it so far.... it was very heavy. He knew he would get away with lying and my money. He knew what he was doing and I plan to expose him for the lying jerk he is. OH....and he has a facebook. You guys ever wonder what a manipulative lying jerk looks like? LOL By the way.... I think he buys up junk pools and sells them on craigslist in our area. I can't prove it yet, but when I know for sure.... you can bet I will fill you all in. And if that is the case, and he is purposefully doing what he did to me.... I forseee some very bad Karma coming his way.
We have a great attorney in the TC area (in Michigan) and I wrote him and explained the situation. He gave me some great advice. I do have a signed receipt from "the jerk" where it states it is a 28 foot pool. That right there should give me the ability to receive my monies back. Add in the rest, and the judge will see that this guy is the type of guy that gives craigslist a bad name.... as well as used pools.

Is it possible to knock out that buckling spot? it is toward the bottom and it bends out, not in toward the pool. One of the uprights didn't want to go on so it is just loosely connected (I planned on having husband look at it as I didn't want to bed the upright to make it connect). Any suggestions? or should I just wash my hands of the situation, take the loss and watch this guy wiggle in court as he attempts to lie to the judge? I've never done a small claims, but this jerk should have to face me......... is that bad of me?

I have one more question..... There are 3 cut out spots on the pool wall. One for the skimmer, and two round ones. I know one of the round is the return, but what the heck is the other "round" cut out for?

It is on the other side of the pool. Here, you can see it in the picture.
pool.jpg

There is like a piece of pvc thing coming out of it. If you look in the picture you see the skimmer across the pool. There is a return line there. So what is this other spot for? Since we are starting over.... I am going to go around all of the cut outs and sand them down and put clear finger nail polish around them. Perhaps that will help guard against any rusting. Also, I figured we might as well try to straighten out the pool wall. It couldn't hurt, right? It bends outward in the crease which affects the upright.
Aren't you proud of me? I figured out the manufacturer, the company that sold it and also how to possibly get parts. I can even get a new bolts bag which I am definitely going to order today. :D Maybe this all happened for a reason because when I was looking at the pool, I realized that my men did not put the inside skimmer gaskets on prior to the liner. I am perking back up and finding my determination again!!!! :D

Thank You... All of you, for the support and advice. If I didn't have this site to help me along in this adventure, I don't think I would have kept any amount of sanity.

By the way, is there a trick to getting that bead into the receiver???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.