Hoping for HELP to identify this pool.

Thanks you guys :)
I have a question.... I am now starting to wonder if this pool is supposed to have a stabilizer rail for the top of the wall. I am reading about different pools having them, but don't know if this one ever did have one or not. It had the aluminum receiver, but I bought the plastic ones to replace them because the aluminum was chewed up by whatever that dude used to remove the liner. :( I think difinitive pools is who sold this pool.... at least I know that they did because I found it in google cash. Maybe I should call them? Perhaps I would get lucky and be able to get instructions and info on the pool.
I am determined to get this thing up. I read somewhere that I could purchase a roll of sheet metal, use a rubber mallet to pound out the damage in the wall and then line the inside pool wall in the area of damage with the sheet metal and then tape around that sheet metal to protect liner damage. I am wondering about your opinions regarding this idea.... any thoughts?

I do.... here are some. If they aren't clear enough, let me know... I will take more and upload them.
IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

I'd take a couple of 2x6's and put one on each side of the wall and take a large hammer and try to straighten it out. I don't think I'd worry about getting any sheet metal to scab over it. I think with a little work and patience it can be straightened enough to use.

Okay Bama Rambler- Thank You :) To add to my mess with the pool, husband comes home and announces the addition of Horses to the family. :( Not that I don't like horses.... I in fact like them. However, they are big animals and we already have 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 2 goldfish and a goat.... a huge pool that is certainly demanding time... and NOW he is wanting to put in electric fence line and a lean-to and add horses to the mix.

I think I should just hire a good handy-man, or attempt this all myself and not rely on him. We had a little bit of an argument last night concerning the pool. He said that these pools are not meant to be taken apart and moved... he said the screws make a pilot hole in the top and bottom plates, as well as any place on the pool that requires stainless steel screws. I beg to differ. Many times pools have to be taken down. Sometimes because people are moving...or for maintenance or just to replace a liner. This pool, especially the top rails, is built to have the top rail removed so you can easily access the receiver. I became upset when he said, "well when I get the guys here to help me fix it, you can come down and show us all how to put a screw in." I honestly wasn't saying he didn't know how to put in a screw, but I am going to point out the fact that I took my time while putting the uprights on and the whole top seat... except for one top seat in which he got out a drill and screwed it in (messing up and shaving the screw). I had to take gorilla tape and put it over the screws to get the shavings off from the rail. I explained to him that forcing anything to go in to a hole is not going to make things any better. I have spent a lot of time researching.... the top rails are supposed to be put on with only a loose connection so that you can adjust each one. There is no reason to use a power tool. yes, my hands hurt, but using a regular screw driver prevented exactly what he did on the very last rail. Sorry about the rant..... anyway, he wanted to have his landscaping buddies bring sand down. Well, it isn't the sand you use for a floor base. It is a fill sand and I even seen some roots in it last time they brought it. I told him it was the wrong stuff and that I was ordering the correct sand from a company. That made him mad too. It isn't my fault that I have been reading and researching and that I understand that this can not be bubble gummed together. He is a mechanic and wouldn't ever ever take a short cut like that with a car, so why the heck would you do so with a pool holding 18 thousand gallons of water?

I will just do it myself.... I am THAT determined!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am going out there in a few to dis-assemble the top rails and remove the uprights. I have a rubber malet and 2x6. I am going to wear gloves this time because the one return hole gave me a good steel sliver which was a pain to get out. Today is dismantle and fix pool wall day. File that one hole. Use clear fingernail polish around all cutouts and then tape over those when dry. Let me ask, do I put the gaskets on the inside pool wall after I do all of this?
Does anyone use text messaging incase I need instant help? I could send pics of progress and text questions? I can not ask "him" for help because he thinks I think he knows nothing. It isn't that what he knows is 'nothing'... it is that he hasn't researched any of this like I have. He thinks that I am being way too 'over cautious' about the pool and the levelness.

I will say that we have had a few really good rains on top of all that water loss. I can tell that the pool has been set into place.... or should I say, "settled".... but whether or not it is still level is still a question. You see, I never once seen them spray down the sand after bringing out that big tracktor with the back-blade and making the level surface. It isn't that I think they are all stupid.... it is that they removed more than sod. All of the soil here is very VERY VERY rocky. we removed what we could, but there is going to be rock. All of the land is like this. They used a gas powered tamper to 'vibrate' the ground and tamp it. And is great that they did that. However, I still question how solid the earth was when they put the rail down, especially considering that when we had the big liner mishap I accidentally stepped on a patio block which tipped up and moved some. If it isn't level, it is because I stepped on the stupid thing when the whole area was saturated with water. It was an honest mistake. I am going to go check each patio block with a level. Each patio block is marked with a black line where the bottom plate is supposed to rest. I will reallign all of that after I double check the patio block. I am going to attempt the wall buckling area. Where it bucked, I am going to spray some rustolium to protect that area.
I will say that I am impressed that we have had about 4 storms with winds that were potentially damaging to the trees and the pool wall did not fall (and this is without the liner). So it must be in the bottom track correctly. It isn't real hot out today so today is a great day to work on the exterior part of the pool. We will have a few hot days this week, which will be my day to try to install the gaskets and liner. I will not attempt to cut the gasket holes in the liner. THAT part will be left to the husband..... if he promises to read what manufactures recommend.

I will check back for thoughts in about an hour. :D I am ready to kick some butt on this pool. I can do it!!!

I am not going to try to repair the pool. It is too bad. I think I am going to have to take the guy to court. He lied to me about the condition. Here is the letter I just facebooked him.

Dneil June 12 at 1:22pm
I have made several attempts to contact you in regard to the pool that you sold me for $850.00 You advertised it as a 28 foot round pool in good condition. I even called and asked you about the size. You 'said' you measured it and that it was in fact a 28 foot round pool 52 inches deep. You said it was only 2 or 3 years old. You also stated that it had all the parts. You even said the liner would be fine, but I had a pretty good idea it wouldn't be and ordered a new liner and the armor shield for the pool ground and the coving....
You bring the pool and before you can take anything off that truck I asked you a specific question, " is there something wrong with the pool wall? It looks dented and wrinkled". I asked you this in front of my husband and my daughter. You said that there was nothing wrong with it at all. That the wall just looked that way because it was more than half way drained and when I filled the pool it wouldn't look like that. You told me how you took the pool down yourself and had all the parts. You lied to me. You knew full well that the wall on that pool was buckled. You knew full well that the receivers for the beaded liner were 'chewed up' and damaged. You knew full well that this pool was not safe for use and would not be one that could be put up without serious repair... if repair could even be done. You took my money knowing full well what you were doing and now you wont even call me back to discuss this? You made a promise while at our house in front of my husband and ex husband that if we had any questions or problems that you'd be happy to come out and help.
We spent our whole last weekend with people here doing excavating and the second day in we discovered your lie about the pool wall. On Monday I realized you lied about the parts to the pool because there are numerous parts to the top rail missing. I told both you and your wife that this was a financial stretch for us. Being that I discovered that you two own a business tailored toward Christian Supplies, I am appalled! There is no way that you didn't know about the condition of this pool. And it is obvious that it was that way because all of the algae above and below the crease documents its' history. I have taken pictures. I am packing it up the way you gave it to me and you need to give me and our family our money back.
It would be one thing if I had not asked you these specific questions and accepted the pool as is, but I did ask you the questions.... very specific ones and you lied to me.
This is a horrible thing that you and your wife are doing to our family and what upsets me the most is that both of you knew full well how excited my kids and I were to be able to buy a pool... maybe you can live with that kind of thing and if you can... then you should look up the word integrity because a real man has integrity and anyone who could do this to ANY family or person lacks it. Isn't it ironic how the first day I met you and handed you a 200 dollar deposit, I told you how I had never bought anything from craigslist because people these days are not honest. I trusted you with a simple hand written receipt of my deposit and watched you drive away with my 200 dollars that was to show you good faith of my intent in buying the pool that you and your wife promised me was in such "great" condition. I guess you proved to me what I already knew.... you can never depend on people you don't know to be honest... especially the ones who will look at the smiles on a five year old face who thinks she is getting a pool, all the while knowing that the pool is damaged.
I am asking you to do what is right....
231-378-xxxx (home)
947-517-ssss (home)

I expect to hear from you soon.
Danielle
(removed some of the info for the obvious reasons)

I just want everyone to know that I am not a quitter, but I have to be realistic and also stand by what I believe. If I even attempt to fix this pool, it could make it worse. There are parts to the top rails missing and the company I contacted on Thursday never got back with me. I called and emailed. Supposedly they have "some" delair parts for this pool, but even if I could get a new wall for the pool it wouldn't be financially smart. The fact is, this guy sold me a pool and lied about its' condition. It isn't reasonable to think that I could have unrolled that whole wall which probably weighs close to 400 pounds. I weigh a whopping 114. I asked him about the wall, I looked at the wall, and he had the damage hidden by tightly tying rope around the whole wall. The damage was about 20 to 25 feet into the roll. It was the end of April and we had just had a snow storm. How was I going to unroll the whole thing? I relied on him being honest and this really cost my family and I in the long run. I can't tell you how sick about it that I feel. With the cost of the pool, and the money i've spent to put it up and have it done right, test kit, gaskets and the time.... I could have bought a pool kit brand new with a warranty. In Michigan, you can not sell something to someone under false representation. Actually, that is a Federal law that gives you civil consumer rights. Even though it is buyer beware, a seller has the obligation to disclose damage and/or defect. In other words, you have to be honest about what you are selling them. If he had listed it as a 27 foot round pool, needs new liner, most but not all parts are there and there is some buckling in the wall... would make a great project or something to that effect, that is one thing. However, he said it was 28 foot round pool in Good condition. All parts stored inside except the ladder. Comes with solar cover. In good condition. It wasn't even a 28 foot round pool and to make things even more upsetting... I asked him to please double check the size before he brought it because I had already figured i'd have to buy a new liner. He called me and again said it was definitely a 28 foot round. He even said he measured. Well, when I went outside to clean all those parts he left me with, I started looking at the liner. Low and behold, right there on the top fold was a tag that said 27 foot round. Wow.... can this guy not read????
I just think I am getting way too deep into this pool, financially. I also feel that there is an ethical principle regarding this situation that needs to be addressed. I can't let this guy get away with what he has done. Who knows, maybe he is the one posting on craigslist "buying used and old pools".... and maybe he is parting Crud together and selling them. Either way, he isn't an honest person and I am not going to let him walk away with my $850.00 until after he at least has to face me in court. I don't know anyone that would have paid this amount of money for a damaged pool with missing parts. He knew I wouldn't either. So, he lied. Simple as that..... but I will make sure he is called out on it. And regardless of what the judge decides, at least I know that I made him have to face me. Let him try to lie in court... I do have proof. In fact, this WHOLE thread is my experience right from day one and is proof of how things unfolded. So.... I guess we will see what happens. Meanwhile, I am taking the whole thing down and packaging it the way he brought it to me. If I don't hear something from him very soon, I am going to file. I don't know what will happen, but he isn't screwing my family without a fight out of me. If he wants to screw people over, he probably should make sure he isn't messing with someone who is tired of being taken advantage of. He has messed with the wrong person.... I happen to be intelligent and resourceful and will get a lot of gratification just out of making him come to court and see him have to face me when he wont even answer his phone or return my calls. Besides.......... Karma~

Well.......... much to my surprise, and for my anniversary with my husband, I woke up yesterday to about 8 guys, one of whom used to work for poolside as an installer, fixing and re-installing our pool. It is a true pool miracle! It is filling as we speak. I am absolutely amazed.... there is one very small, hardly noticeable wrikle in the liner, but it is TINY and barely one that can be noticed. I can't believe it.... am I in poolstupid heaven? Anyway, the guy who used to work for poolside will be back when the water level is up to the return so that he can do the cut and install. :D Looks like we will have the pool after all. And the people who sold it to us.... they can just deal with karma :D

Now, to make sure you can enjoy crystal clear water, you should be reading pool school and understand the importance of having an FAS/DPD test kit. You will soon have a green pool if you do not get a quick grasp on the maintenance.

duraleigh said:
Now, to make sure you can enjoy crystal clear water, you should be reading pool school and understand the importance of having an FAS/DPD test kit. You will soon have a green pool if you do not get a quick grasp on the maintenance.

I have already :D Bought my fAS/DPD test kit about 7 weeks ago :wave: I am ready. :D

I love the pool school section. Of course I have to keep going back to it, but it has been a huge help for me. This site has been amazing!

poolstupid said:
Well.......... much to my surprise, and for my anniversary with my husband, I woke up yesterday to about 8 guys, one of whom used to work for poolside as an installer, fixing and re-installing our pool. It is a true pool miracle! It is filling as we speak. I am absolutely amazed.... there is one very small, hardly noticeable wrikle in the liner, but it is TINY and barely one that can be noticed. I can't believe it.... am I in poolstupid heaven? Anyway, the guy who used to work for poolside will be back when the water level is up to the return so that he can do the cut and install. :D Looks like we will have the pool after all. And the people who sold it to us.... they can just deal with karma :D

Congratulations!!! Kudos to DH :whoot: . I'm so glad to hear this, be sure to put up pictures of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.