Homebrew Thread

From my user name, you would think I brew a lot. I used to brew a lot years ago and started using this user name back then when picking a name. Habit carries over today. The last time I brewed was about 3 years ago. One reason I don't brew much is that there is an abundance of good locally brewed beer sold in the stores. Some years back, there was an alcohol limit on beer which prevented many styles from being brewed. A friend of mine was part of the Pop the Cap campaign to raise that limit. It was raised so the microbrewery business took off. A second reason is that time right now is short and I've developed other hobbies. Some include processed meats (summer sausage, fresh sausages, breakfast sausages, jerky, pastrami, deli roast beef) and fermented hot pepper sauces. Right now, I'm making a five pepper hot sauce.

I'm currently serving Norwegian Farmhouse Ale brewed with Kveik and a Moose Drool clone that I call Moose Knuckle :laughblue:
On deck is a Porter and still in primary is a Maibock. Next up, Bavarian Hefeweisen. Later this summer I am going to try to kettle-sour a Berliner Weiss.

From my user name, you would think I brew a lot. I used to brew a lot years ago and started using this user name back then when picking a name. Habit carries over today. The last time I brewed was about 3 years ago. One reason I don't brew much is that there is an abundance of good locally brewed beer sold in the stores. Some years back, there was an alcohol limit on beer which prevented many styles from being brewed. A friend of mine was part of the Pop the Cap campaign to raise that limit. It was raised so the microbrewery business took off. A second reason is that time right now is short and I've developed other hobbies. Some include processed meats (summer sausage, fresh sausages, breakfast sausages, jerky, pastrami, deli roast beef) and fermented hot pepper sauces. Right now, I'm making a five pepper hot sauce.
Sounds delicious .. never even thought about making my own sausages.. that warms my German heart! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.