Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I just finished 3 batches of beer. IPA, APA and Chocolate Stout. I already had 1/2 a keg of my Blue Moon clone. Tapped the IPA last week and WOW maybe the best I have ever made. I used an extra oz of "cryo-hops" that my beer supply store gave me for free to try out. I also stopped using liquid yeast and went back to dry, which I think was a GREAT choice.

Carbonation is almost there still a little foamy.

20230420_151613.jpg
20230420_151628.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
I just finished 3 batches of beer. IPA, APA and Chocolate Stout. I already had 1/2 a keg of my Blue Moon clone. Tapped the IPA last week and WOW maybe the best I have ever made. I used an extra oz of "cryo-hops" that my beer supply store gave me for free to try out. I also stopped using liquid yeast and went back to dry, which I think was a GREAT choice.

Carbonation is almost there still a little foamy.

View attachment 484464
View attachment 484465
If you turn the CO2 dispensing pressure down so it’s just enough to push the beer through the lines it helps keep the foaming down after it’s fully carbonated. I started out making the mistake of carbonating and dispensing at the same pressure. Never a fan of the blue moon but the IPA was a favorite when I could drink it.

I stick to liquid yeast. What issues were you having with it?

No issues but several people I know recommended going back to dry yeast. I think fermentation starts quicker. I am bubbling within hours of pitching dry yeast. I'm also done in like 4-5 days but within week I keg. I also like the flavor but I can't swear to it actually being better.

No issues but several people I know recommended going back to dry yeast. I think fermentation starts quicker. I am bubbling within hours of pitching dry yeast. I'm also done in like 4-5 days but within week I keg. I also like the flavor but I can't swear to it actually being better.

I make a starter using liquid yeast a day or two before brewing. Fermentation starts quickly with a starter. Now if I could only rig my Speed Stir to get the starter stirred until needed. From what I read, liquid yeast strains are more pure than dry and give better results.

I make a starter using liquid yeast a day or two before brewing. Fermentation starts quickly with a starter. Now if I could only rig my Speed Stir to get the starter stirred until needed. From what I read, liquid yeast strains are more pure than dry and give better results.

I used to swear by the liquid also. Not anymore. Not to mention I never have to worry about weather conditions when I order or store it. I suggest try it for your next batch. No starter either just pitch dry yeast.

I used to swear by the liquid also. Not anymore. Not to mention I never have to worry about weather conditions when I order or store it. I suggest try it for your next batch. No starter either just pitch dry yeast.
I have a local brew supply store. I don't have to worry about weather conditions. I don't have any intentions to going back to dry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.