Home Depot Pool Chlorine

This was in another thread, but I purchased at $17.98 at the end of September. It went up at some point in October. Depending on my CYA level, I'll supplement with Trichlor. It's cheaper than LC right now.

Chlorine is shipped by railroad. All of the uncertainty in the railway shipping sector probably drove the prices up. They may come back down but probably not in the short term.

They’re gaslighting us.

All price increases are based on psychological manipulation and the sowing of fear and doubt to make people worried that some product or service is not going to be available.

This "scarcity" trick is one of the oldest in the book (See chapter 7).

Reactions: pjt and markayash
If I'm reading correctly, that is the 4 gallon pack not the 2 gallon making it actually a hair cheaper than it has been.
Interesting enough, when I search the 4 pack does not even show as an option. Screenshot_20221201-111130_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm reading correctly, that is the 4 gallon pack not the 2 gallon making it actually a hair cheaper than it has been.
Interesting enough, when I search the 4 pack does not even show as an option. View attachment 464185
I think it's based on region. We have 4 packs in Texas. Lowe's seems to be the better deal here right now ($5.98 per gallon).

I just paid $2.99 for a gallon of 12.5% NaOCl at my local (not Leslie's, they don't sell liquid chlorine) retail pool supply.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.