Hockey Season is upon us

ivyleager said:
uwimage said:
uhm....GO STARS!

I was actually at game 6, one of my wife's vendors had one extra ticket, we're all good friends and he knew I would appreciate it probably more than anyone else.

Oh, and it was ON THE ICE! One of the best sports memories I think I'll ever have! We were in section 116, row 1, I was in seat 2...if anyone watched the game I was 1 seat away when the glass broke out of the visitors entry way. My hands are still sore from banging on the glass...and yes, heck yes, I stayed till 1:30am to watch the Stars WIN!

I know Turco doesn't have a good record at Detroit but he had also never won an overtime play off game till Sunday night...oh, and stop 61 SHOTS ON GOAL!

I still get chills thinking about how **** lucky I was to be there and the seat I was in...probably always will...

If anyone is in Dallas, down at the AAC and Victory park we're doing watching parties for the away games, we'll have the game on the large AAC screen and the two 31x53' HD screens I run...I'll be there :D

GO STARS!
Well, you beat me. I stayed up until 2am here in North Carolina and finally went to bed after the 3rd OT was over. That was one of the best games I have seen this year, playoffs or regular season. Turco is pleasantly surprising me this post season. I have the NHL Center Ice package and have seen Turco play often, and he can be streaky. He sure deserves a good post season. I just love it when he is miked during the All Star games. He's a hoot!

I know what you mean about being at memorable games. I watched our Carolina Hurricanes win The Cup on home ice, Game seven. We did not sit down.

The next best thing would be for THE CUBS to win!!!!!

Enjoy your postseason.

*snicker* :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I'm going out on limb here and making a prediction:

Unless aliens come down and take Datsyuk, Zetterburg AND Lidstrom back with them, the Detroit Redwings will win the silver thingy. (I'm not going to jink them by actually saying ITS name).

Now, do I want them to win? Nah, I'd rather have Pitts win, but I cannot see anyone beating Detroit right now. They are dominating teams. As is Pittsburgh, but I'm thinking Fleury will wilt in the Cup Finals.

CaryB

ivyleager said:

Unless aliens come down and take Datsyuk, Zetterburg AND Lidstrom back with them, the Detroit Redwings will win the silver thingy. (I'm not going to jink them by actually saying ITS name).

Now, do I want them to win? Nah, I'd rather have Pitts win, but I cannot see anyone beating Detroit right now. They are dominating teams. As is Pittsburgh, but I'm thinking Fleury will wilt in the Cup Finals.

CaryB

I'll be more than happy to jinx them..it's called Lord Stanley's Cup, and if the Dead Things win it, I may just throw up in my mouth a little bit. Go PENS!!!

On a bright note, I read today where that WAB Ron Wilson was fired - made me smile. :-D The only team I detest more than the Wings are the Sharks. Oh, did I mention GO PENS!!!

That is all. :)

MikeInTN said:
ivyleager said:

CaryB

I'll be more than happy to jinx them..it's called Lord Stanley's Cup, and if the Dead Things win it, I may just throw up in my mouth a little bit. Go PENS!!!

On a bright note, I read today where that WAB Ron Wilson was fired - made me smile. :-D The only team I detest more than the Wings are the Sharks. Oh, did I mention GO PENS!!!

Can you take a picture when you do that?

GO WINGS!!!!

19redwings said:
MikeInTN said:
ivyleager said:

CaryB

Can you take a picture when you do that?

GO WINGS!!!!

Dead Things gotta win it first :wink:

I'm on a roll! They invited us for game 4, again, on the ice...these are freakin' amazing seats, I won't even discuss the cost, I'm so grateful to be able to experience that...simply amazing!

Good game for the Stars, a couple of lucky calls (yes, as a Stars homer even I'll admit that). It was fun though...as a red winger hit the glass I nailed it and actually pushed him back a little bit (he was cussing at me as they left the ice at the end of the game :D)

Either way I will be totally tuned even if it is the Wings and Penguins...

Go to picture '20' on the slide show and that's our friend yelling at the red wing player who invited us to the game...these are freakin' amazing seats...can't wait till next season, or the impossible...the Cup! But he'll have problems, he's from Pittsburg, die hard Penguin fan.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 408_stars/

uwimage said:
I'm on a roll! They invited us for game 4, again, on the ice...these are freakin' amazing seats, I won't even discuss the cost, I'm so grateful to be able to experience that...simply amazing!

Good game for the Stars, a couple of lucky calls (yes, as a Stars homer even I'll admit that). It was fun though...as a red winger hit the glass I nailed it and actually pushed him back a little bit (he was cussing at me as they left the ice at the end of the game :D)

Go to picture '20' on the slide show and that's our friend yelling at the red wing player who invited us to the game...these are freakin' amazing seats...can't wait till next season, or the impossible...the Cup! But he'll have problems, he's from Pittsburg, die hard Penguin fan.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

I've sat 1st row during a regular season game, and while it was exciting to be that close to the action, the down ice view sucked. I like 14 rows up, on the goal line where we shoot twice. I can see ALL the ice and the play come up into the zone.

ivyleager said:
uwimage said:

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

I've sat 1st row during a regular season game, and while it was exciting to be that close to the action, the down ice view sucked. I like 14 rows up, on the goal line where we shoot twice. I can see ALL the ice and the play come up into the zone.

I agree, I have been on the ice and it is GREAT when they are in your end. we have a Seats just above the glass are what I like best.

GO STARS! :D

Our friends are in Hong Kong...we're hoping for an email asking us if they want the tickets!

And game 4 it was fun to smack Drake in the face through the glass...he was talking Crud to me as they left the ice after they lost, hope I had a little inpact...I really hope I can go and get his seats, it's seat 1 where Drake would be coming out of the tunnel...maybe I could get him arrested before the game, that'd help the Stars out A LOT! he's been a Star killer...at least he's been trying to kill them with every hit.

I hope we can push a game seven, it's great for hockey! I'd be suprised if we could win again in that arena though...

uwimage said:
GO STARS! :D

Our friends are in Hong Kong...we're hoping for an email asking us if they want the tickets!

And game 4 it was fun to smack Drake in the face through the glass...he was talking Crud to me as they left the ice after they lost, hope I had a little inpact...I really hope I can go and get his seats, it's seat 1 where Drake would be coming out of the tunnel...maybe I could get him arrested before the game, that'd help the Stars out A LOT! he's been a Star killer...at least he's been trying to kill them with every hit.

I hope we can push a game seven, it's great for hockey! I'd be suprised if we could win again in that arena though...

Go STARS indeed! :party:

Ehhh, Drake needs a smack, probably more than one, actually. Kronvall really needs someone to catch him with his head down and exact some revenge for some of the hits he's laid on during the playoffs. Of course, I'm just jealous that we didn't have defensemen prowling the neutral zone like Detroit does. Much as I dislike the Wings, they are skilled, and they are disciplined. Our defensemen had to play tentatively and always have one foot going back towards our zone because our forwards were absolutely no help to them. If any of our defensemen were caught in the neutral zone, it was an automatic 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 going into our zone, because our three forwards would be caught low and would be lazy getting back. Drove us Preds fans crazy.

BTW, talking about players saying Crud to the fans, I've got a clip of Steve Sullivan when he played for the Blackhawks. Sully caught a puck or stick up high, and a fan started harassing him, so Sully had a few choice words for him. Later in the game, that same fan took a puck to the head, and was holding a towel on his head where he was bleeding. Sully came skating by and just gave him heck, same as the fan gave him when he was bleeding. It was a riot to watch. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Pens are in!!!!!!!!
Funny how I have now become the worlds biggest Mike Madano (sp) & Dallas Stars fan.
GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if they don't make it in, if they could push the retirement home team a game or two more and give the kids a little leg up it would be a great help. :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey:
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif

pens.jpg
pens.jpg

Hopefully my Wings will finish Dallas tonight and sign Turco in the offseason!! Hasek has to go and take his cap money with him! Chelli is showing his age this series....

Pens-Wings final would be sweet! Two puck control teams with plenty of skill. *crossing fingers*

19redwings said:
Marillion Fan said:
Ok redwing, its just you & me.

Pens in 6!!!!!

Pens remind me of the 94-95 Wings (absent the record setting regular season) 12-2 during the post season before hitting NJ. Or more appropiately NJ hitting them!
Wings in 5.
Or, more to the point, NJ clutching and grabbing their way to a few titles.

The Wings may very well take home another darn cup, but it'll take them more than 5 games. I say Wings in 7, but secretly I'm pulling for Sid the Kid. Poor guy can't even grow a decent beard!

ivyleager said:
19redwings said:
Marillion Fan said:
Ok redwing, its just you & me.

Pens in 6!!!!!

Pens remind me of the 94-95 Wings (absent the record setting regular season) 12-2 during the post season before hitting NJ. Or more appropiately NJ hitting them!
Wings in 5.
Or, more to the point, NJ clutching and grabbing their way to a few titles.

The Wings may very well take home another darn cup, but it'll take them more than 5 games. I say Wings in 7, but secretly I'm pulling for Sid the Kid. Poor guy can't even grow a decent beard!

I thought the same exact thing when I watched them clinch the other day! :lol: :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.