Hockey Season is upon us

Marillion Fan said:
Ivy..... Where are you........ you can stop holding your breathe now, looks like Carolina is gonna be in the playoffs. :-D
Well, gone for awhile....went down to St. Maarten last week and missed the Capitals and the Thrashers game. And no, I'm not 100% sure of our playoff berth. We need to win 2 of our last 3 games to win the division....even if the Capitals win all of their remaining games. To make it in as a 7th or 8th seed, it looks like we'd need to only win one more and have help from Boston.

And WOW, who would have thought Ottawa would have fallen so much!!! Or Montreal to shoot up to 2nd in the conference? It's been a very strange year.

ivyleager said:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

We lose to those darn puddy cats!!!!! I am now a huge Panthers fan. Go Panthers!!!!

Holy Cow!!!!! :shock:
I thought they were a shoe in for the #3 spot, I looked at the standings this morning and they are out, Fla has to win in regulation or Carolina is gone.
The Pens are in but need Toronto to beat Montreal ( :roll: ) today, or we beat Filthydelphia tomorrow.

Sean!!!!!!! we need some help from the cats!!!!!!!

I don't want to see the Crapitals in at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marillion Fan said:
Well Ivy, at least you have your pool to keep you company until October.

I'd rather be kept company by Eric Stud Staal, Erik Cole-train, Rod the Bod, Brett Yamaguchi Hedican, Joe Cuervo Corvo....etc, etc.

Good luck in the playoffs. It looks like NBC (nothing but Crosby network) may cream their jeans with a Crosby - Ovenchicken match up in the 2nd round. I must say even though Washington is a Southeast division team, I'm pulling for Sid.

ivyleager said:
Marillion Fan said:
Well Ivy, at least you have your pool to keep you company until October.

I'd rather be kept company by Eric Stud Staal, Erik Cole-train, Rod the Bod, Brett Yamaguchi Hedican, Joe Cuervo Corvo....etc, etc.

Good luck in the playoffs. It looks like NBC (nothing but Crosby network) may cream their jeans with a Crosby - Ovenchicken match up in the 2nd round. I must say even though Washington is a Southeast division team, I'm pulling for Sid.

We have to get by Ottawa 1st, and even though they are down, the playoff change everything.
Hey the Pens can use all the fans we can get. :lol:

Marillion Fan said:
We have to get by Ottawa 1st, and even though they are down, the playoff change everything.
Hey the Pens can use all the fans we can get. :lol:

Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm picking the Rangers to take the East.

And the hockey Gods will not allow Anaheim and Todd Bertuzzi to win. Not going to happen. He is not worthy.

Morning all!

New to the forum and ivyleaguer pointed me to this thread.

Best time of the year for a hockey fan. Minimum of 2 games to watch every night!!

Good show by the Preds last night. The wings looked lifeless. -and- yes, I agree, you guys got some bad calls in game 2.

19redwings said:
Morning all!

New to the forum and ivyleaguer pointed me to this thread.

Best time of the year for a hockey fan. Minimum of 2 games to watch every night!!

Good show by the Preds last night. The wings looked lifeless. -and- yes, I agree, you guys got some bad calls in game 2.
Well, that game cost me points....I had the Wings sweeping.

What I want to know now is: who will drill Avery into the front row???

muss08 said:
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!!!!!! Going down tonight Philly!

As they say in the Senate: Do you wish to revise your previous remarks???

Philly spanked you hard and dominated that game. Washington has better play better as a TEAM if they're going to win. Semin needs to get over his nerves and anxiety, Ovenchicken needs to stop the individual play (that cost them in the final parts of the 3rd when it was still 4-3), and defensively that game was a bit too loose. While I had Wasington going up against Pittsburgh n the semi-finals (and is that a network "cream your jeans" scenario or what!), it looks like they may have to wait until next year. I'd like to see a Southwest division in the finals, but the Caps must play better for the whole 60 minutes.

CaryB
Say goodnite, Canes.
Go anyone but the Ducks (Betuzzi deserves NOTHING)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.