High CYA and can't drain

Thanks! What shallow surface means? And what’s wrong with that? I live in Seattle. We do have a lot of rain, but i don’t know what does it have to do with draining
It means if your water table is high (surface water, or due to lots of rain), there is a risk of the pool popping up if you drain.

Best to do a no drain water exchange...section 1.6 here:

Tell us EXACTLY, STEP BY STEP, how you are testing Free Chlorine with your K-2006.
I called Taylor and since the pink never turne in to clear , they recommended using 1.8 pool water in small part and adding tap water up to 9. Then transferred to big part and added R0871 and counted the drops. They told me instead of multiplying by.2 or .5, I should multiply by 2.8

Would that happen for concrete pools?
LINK-->Pictures of Popped pools

Popped_Gunite_Pool.png

Great!
What if we drain half of the water?
Do the no drain water exchange....

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you cant fint the clean out, Run the hose from the pump to the closest laundry sink or toilet. You can stick the hose right in the toilet bowl. Just make sure to secure it so it doesnt pop out.

Reactions: s.hashemirud
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.