Hi! Scott from Slidell, LA here. First pool, trying to learn as much as possible!

nismosao

Jan 3, 2023
Slidell, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Plaster was completed on Thursday 12/22 and pool was finished being filled on Christmas Eve. Rectangular saltwater pool and spa with spa overflow, and french gray plaster. Looking to learn any and everything I can since this is my 1st pool. Salt hasn't been added yet by start-up since it hasn't yet been 30 days since plaster installed. Liquid chlorine has been added multiple times by pool installer.

Any new pool tips are appreciated and welcomed! Also, see pics below.IMG_3753.jpgIMG_3800.jpgIMG_3801.jpgIMG_3802.jpgIMG_8275.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW that is a BLUE pool in those pics! What kind of lights did you get? LOVE IT!

Here is some links I share with new pool owners. Some it might be repeats of what you have seen but better to give and it not be needed:

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Kim :kim:

Reactions: JamesW and Newdude
Hey Nismo and Welcome !!!

We'll get you to be your own pools pro on the cheap and easy. Check the pool care basics that @PoolStored linked. Any last part of it is stupid easy, but it's kinda info overload at first so take as many laps reading through it as you need. Each time some more sinks in. Ask away at anytime in the appropriate sub forum and we'll happily fill in any blanks. :)

Reactions: JamesW
Plaster was completed on Thursday 12/22 and pool was finished being filled on Christmas Eve. Rectangular saltwater pool and spa with spa overflow, and french gray plaster. Looking to learn any and everything I can since this is my 1st pool. Salt hasn't been added yet by start-up since it hasn't yet been 30 days since plaster installed. Liquid chlorine has been added multiple times by pool installer.
Great looking pool. Got it filled just in time for the cold weather that hit the south during the holidays. Seems it survived that event. You got all the great info given by others above. One thing to consider is purchasing a test kit. See Test Kits Compared which is the recommended kits to provide the proper testing. Once you make the purchase, add that info to your signature.
Good Luck and welcome to the TFP.

Welcome to TFP! Beautiful pool.

Those above have gotten you started on taking care of that beauty with links to read. One suggestion for enjoying your time lounging around the pool and spa, go out a buy yourself some really nice plastic, acrylic or shatterproof beverage and wine glasses. You do not want to have an accident with glass around the pool.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Welcome to TFP! Beautiful pool.

Those above have gotten you started on taking care of that beauty with links to read. One suggestion for enjoying your time lounging around the pool and spa, go out a buy yourself some really nice plastic, acrylic or shatterproof beverage and wine glasses. You do not want to have an accident with glass around the pool.
Thanks and great advice!