Hi , I’m Rob and I live in San Diego- CA, Rancho Bernardo.

Rob1958

Jul 11, 2023
San Diego
Hi , I’m Rob and I live in San Diego- CA, Rancho Bernardo. I have 22,000 GL. in ground vinyl pool with a DE 36 sqf. Prezzo Triton Nautilus filter. Lately I keep cleaning filter grids but after couple of days the pressure raise again over 20 psi. Somebody has suggestions?
Also I have to replace filter clamp, I’m looking even for a used one.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi Rob,
This situation typically points to algae in your water. A DE filter is very efficient and can trap very small particles. While this makes for very clear water it also is significantly affected by an active algae population resulting in excessive filter loading, slowing flow and driving up the pressure in your filter vessel. Back washing and cleaning the grids will help temporarily but eradicating the algae is the solution.
A good test kit Test Kits Compared can easily diagnose this situation even if the pool is not geen yet, help you correct it SLAM Process and with regular use can help you avoid this situation going forward.
How have you been sanitizing your pool water?

Reactions: Newdude
ThankYou Oly.
I take samples to store weekly and water looks good.
There are no algae also because once a month I put very little copper sulfate in the middle not closed to the pool wall.
I also rotate grids and I always clean them with pressure washer. Please see pictures.
Thanks again…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 2
Hey Rob and Welcome !!!!

98% of the filter issues we see are chemical and not mechanical. Especially those with short filter cycles. Algae grows exponentially and those last couple of growth cycles are the diffence between clear water algae and a swamp. Your filter is clearly doing its job well, filtering microscopic particles from the water. You can't see them yet, but your filter is throwing up a big red flag for you to see.

Run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to prove why its filtering so much. If you lose FC overnight with no UV/sun, then there is organics (algae) consuming the FC and you need to SLAM Process.

Reactions: Oly