Sun City Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hello everyone. Here in Tampa Florida . Have 5000 gallon Latham pleasant cove fiberglass pool that is 2 years old and I recently canceled my pool service person as they kept increasing the monthly fee and not doing alot of work.

Now im kinda lost maintaining. I take water samples to Leslie's to test and try to keep chemicals in balance. Purchased a Taylor 2006 salt test kit but am overwhelmed and confused.

I am sure once I have some attempts under my belt I will be good but now I don't know where to start. Any advice on the test kit usage is greatly appreciated. It mentions color comparison chart which I dont seem to have. Thank you

HEY!!! Welcome to TFP!!! :swim:

Deep breath!!! We got you.

Go here, and print out the instructions for each test. They are easy once you get the hang of it.

Try them, follow the instructions. If you have any questions, ask. After you get a full set of tests, post your results and we will help you from there.

Read up on this link --> Pool Care Basics

Also, if you fill out your signature, that will really help us...

Reactions: Jaffles and Newdude
GCAP,

It is like any other unknown... Hard at first glance, and then very easy once you've done it once or twice. :mrgreen:

Do you have the instructions that came with your Taylor K-2006 test kit?

I'd initially skip the OTO color match test and start with the DPD chlorine test.

Just do one test at a time and see how it works. If you have an issue, ask plenty of questions. Initially, you are just trying to learn how to do the tests, so I would not worry about how to correct any of the water chemistry issues at first.

We love questions, so don't worry about asking them.

We will get you pointed in the right direction. :goodjob:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Write down your results like this-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if applicable

Then I'd also suggest you run the pH, TA and CH test on your fill water (hose? city water? well?) so you have an idea of your fill water composition. It comes in handy sometimes to know that info.

One test at a time... just like the order I wrote above. As you learn the pool, you'll learn you don't need to do them all routinely. The most often run tests will be your FC/CC/pH.... then every few weeks run the TA and CH. I only run the CYA and Salt every few months. IF you've made any large chemical additions you should re-check a few times to make sure you reached whatever level you desired.

PoolMath is a goddess send! If you fill in your base info, it will tell you *how much* of each chem to add when necessary.
(if ever it tells you some large amount, or two chemicals.... check with us. You may be presented with options and we'll help you decide which to do)

Maddie :flower: