Hi, GeeGaw from deep east Texas

A heavy rain can cause some aeration which would increase pH a little. Same with a lot of swimming/plashing. Also, you have a SWG, and they can increase pH a little because of aeration as well. Over time hopefully your pH will find a spot where it remains constant.

With my Intex pool, I never bother measuring TA or CH. Salt, CYA, FC and pH are the only things I test.

I used to get quite a bit of scale on my SWG plates and used to clean them every 7-10 days. But I haven't had to clean them once this year, and I'm not really sure why.

The only thing different is that I didn't drain and refill this year. I left the pool up all winter. And I've kept better track of my chlorine level, with a little higher CYA (50 ppm) than in years past.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
But everyday I brush, vacuum(pool blaster centennial cordless), skim, and clean cart.filter, and TEST TOO now. I clean behind steps with an wand for cleaning bath tubs/showers. Obviously I can't get to every inch of it , but I do the best I can. My six yr. Old grandson and (the 3yr old granddaughter tries too:) )even goes under and helps me clean/ brush every inch of steps we can!!

Those numbers look quite good. You did lose 1ppm of FC overnight and at relatively low FC starting point, but still not too bad. I don't see your CC reading (combined chlorine), which tells us if there is any trash chlorine being processed, but all-n-all, the numbers look pretty good. How does your water look this morning?

Keep in mind most of those before/after numbers above typically don't change like that overnight, but it's also not uncommon for us when testing at home to have a slight +/- 10 ppm variance on some tests.

If your water is clear, you may not need to start a SLAM at this point. Keep your FC at your target level and watch everything. If your water starts to get cloudy, you see any algae, or you suspect you are using more than an average amount of FC from your SWG, then you may need to consider a SLAM.

Enjoy your weekend and remainder of the swimming season geegaw. Keep that FC strong at your target and you should have no problems through this season. Maybe next year get that TF-100 test kit early and you'll be set for 2016. Another warm weekend is here, so stay cool. :swim:

If you zoom in, (on first pic)you can see the brownish yellow stuff near the edge, not sure if its algae or pollen? But it settles back in same place every time. There are some creases there though. What you think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support