Here we go in New Braunfels, TX!

You have a great yard for a pool! I know it'll be fabulous!

I love New Braunfels and Gruene! It also has special meaning for me as that was one of the last vacations we went on with my mom and dad before he passed.

I can't recommend these deck boxes enough. We have two (one is 3 years old, the other is about 8 years old), one up by the house with sporting goods and one down by the pool. Everything about them is designed well. There is the same item with a brown lid on Amazon. If they are big enough for what you need. For noodles, we use an upright plastic container that would best be described as a vertical laundry basket...but it does look like an outdoor type of thing, in blue. I put a bunch of holes in the bottom for drainage. The box is used for our pressure vac, cover pump, and all manner of smaller pool toys (meaning smaller than floats). Our thick foam floats nest behind the box, between it and a retaining wall.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_322576-75128-60040_0__?productId=3169925

Toy storage=PVC-------you can make most of this on your own.

pvc pool float storage - Google Search

I love shelves instead of big boxes for "toys" as things tend to settle to the bottom never to be seen again in boxes.

Kim

Thanks for the idea, looks like I'll be making some pretty cool PVC storage!

I can't recommend these deck boxes enough. We have two (one is 3 years old, the other is about 8 years old), one up by the house with sporting goods and one down by the pool. Everything about them is designed well. There is the same item with a brown lid on Amazon. If they are big enough for what you need. For noodles, we use an upright plastic container that would best be described as a vertical laundry basket...but it does look like an outdoor type of thing, in blue. I put a bunch of holes in the bottom for drainage. The box is used for our pressure vac, cover pump, and all manner of smaller pool toys (meaning smaller than floats). Our thick foam floats nest behind the box, between it and a retaining wall.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_322576-75128-60040_0__?productId=3169925

That's great! We had one of these with our old pool in MD and it held up very well - thanks!

First day of digging! Lots of rock so it'll be a little longer than we thought. They were going to work tomorrow (Saturday) but said the place they dump the rocks is closed so we'll be waiting till Monday for more progress.:sad:

Here are the pics!

uGqbSvI.jpg

cuqVN5F.jpg

JmiLmQj.jpg

ovkAz72.jpg

And a video!

Nice. It sure was a gorgeous day to dig today. Simply perfect weather. How are you taking those aerial photos? Are you on a jet pack or something? :super:

HAHA, no jetpack here (although that sounds fun)! My DW got me one of those quadcopter "drones" that records video :)

- - - Updated - - -

They're digging more today - lots of excitement here! BTW, while they're here we'd like to ask them for other work in the backyard like leveling out a spot for the trampoline up the hill a ways. What's the accepted form of asking for these 'extras' straight from the subs? Just walk out with a 12 pack of beer and ask? How did you guys do it?

HAHA, no jetpack here (although that sounds fun)! My DW got me one of those quadcopter "drones" that records video :)

- - - Updated - - -

They're digging more today - lots of excitement here! BTW, while they're here we'd like to ask them for other work in the backyard like leveling out a spot for the trampoline up the hill a ways. What's the accepted form of asking for these 'extras' straight from the subs? Just walk out with a 12 pack of beer and ask? How did you guys do it?

I honestly am pretty up front about it. I usually wait until they aren't busy working like having lunch. I'll go up to them and see if they don't mind doing a couple extra little things that I need to get done if I pay cash. Usually they are willing. What I don't do is ask for things that disrupt what they are already doing. For example I don't ask them to stop working on the project they were hired for so they can do my side job. I always see if it is ok if they come back later or maybe when they don't have as much work to do. Usually they are pretty up front about it.

I honestly am pretty up front about it. I usually wait until they aren't busy working like having lunch. I'll go up to them and see if they don't mind doing a couple extra little things that I need to get done if I pay cash. Usually they are willing. What I don't do is ask for things that disrupt what they are already doing. For example I don't ask them to stop working on the project they were hired for so they can do my side job. I always see if it is ok if they come back later or maybe when they don't have as much work to do. Usually they are pretty up front about it.

Sounds pretty easy - we leave snacks and cold water out there for them so that should butter them up some!

More pictures!

kVNppgU.jpg

2MuX6l3.jpg

W5V6t3U.jpg

59iERb8.jpg

oj9FkZ7.jpg

30qNmEW.jpg

BdAIxdO.jpg

F3KQQ0W.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What Ummm said..............just ask with a smile on your face and cash in your hand...............my roofers took my old carpet to the dump with them when they took the old roofing stuff! I had cut it up into "girl" sized strips as well as rolled it up and tied the rolls for when I took it to the dump. They just threw it all in the back of the truck with the other trash. They did laugh at me for the "girl" sized rolls but hey when you think you are the one that is going to have to handle it............you do what you have to do! They did not accept any money from me but did enjoy the cold water, clear pool and beer at the end of the day so..........it was a win-win.

Kim

Can I suggest installing a Stenner pump for your chlorine needs. Your PB can make room for the storage container on the pad and you can wire it into the ET8 for automation. In the winter I can go 2 + months on my 15 gallon tank @ FC 5.5. Summer I go about 30 days. I would stay way away from ozone / UV. I also agree about the in floor system. It seems certain shaped pools it works ok in and irregular shaped it does not. Robot or suction / pressure cleaner are better choices IMHO.

Kind of off topic, but what kind of trampoline is that? I've never seen one quite like that, looks like it might have more jumping power than the more traditional ones. My kids are crazy about "the jumpy"...lol!

It's called the Springfree Trampoline. My daughter is in cheer and does all kinds of tumbling practice on it and we had heard horror stories about kids breaking bones so we wanted as safe as possible. There are no springs or holes to get caught in and the protective netting is really strong. But you pay what you get for! It's NOT cheap but gets great reviews and after 2 years of constant use in the Texas sun & winters you can barely tell it's been outside. Look it up but make sure you're sitting down when you see the price! :deal:

It's nice when you can get something that is high quality. Not like the piece of junk/falling apart trampoline that I'm looking at next door! She's in cheer too but clearly not practicing at home.

Can I suggest installing a Stenner pump for your chlorine needs. Your PB can make room for the storage container on the pad and you can wire it into the ET8 for automation. In the winter I can go 2 + months on my 15 gallon tank @ FC 5.5. Summer I go about 30 days. I would stay way away from ozone / UV. I also agree about the in floor system. It seems certain shaped pools it works ok in and irregular shaped it does not. Robot or suction / pressure cleaner are better choices IMHO.

I'll look into it - can't really find online what it actually does but I'm asking the PB about it. Thanks for the tip!

---

Starting to see a little more what the shape is going to be. This is from yesterday so there'll be more coming this evening after they leave. The dump truck dug trenches in my front yard so deep that it broke the cable line providing my internet access! I was stuck without internet last night (oh the horror!) :)

5eLIeo3.jpg

03XQRFQ.jpg

jbbczCA.jpg

wWguHJI.jpg

You can see the forms on the right hand side for the base for the rocks have gone up.

8vIC5ku.jpg

This sucker is deep!

sR68unC.jpg

Hole and forms for the spa on the bottom right (the deeper hole is where your feet go)

jZ4xy5a.jpg

Here you can see they started on the cave/grotto upper middle

vmw2bxD.jpg

For your cable line I would suggest after they fix it have your builder put down some plywood where the cable is so the weight of the tractor is distributed better and not cutting into your cable line. The funny thing with my build is the entire time they were running tractors our cable stayed online but you know when it finally went out? When they put down new sod. Go Figure!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.