Help with new construction pool bids

UnieeBlue

Sep 9, 2023
Weatherford Texas
Hello

This site is so so so helpful, and I see where others have posted pool bids to get advice. We desperately need advice! We are building a new home in North Texas - DFW area. It is outside the city limits, well water, and the ground was "built up" with dirt from and old creek bed at the back of the property. (we did not realize when we bought the property that this would be needed) because of the build up, we are very concerned about the ground - shifting etc. We have received 3 bids so far with 1 or 2 more coming. We are being told different things - some say piers, other say soil injections - some say they use a licensed engineer others don't. Because of this I am going to contact an engineer myself to get an answer on piers or no piers. Any advice is much appreciated!!!

Here are 2 bids that we like the most so far:
Both have similar prices - attached picture of pool from builder #1 both are similar

Pool Builder #1:

Pool Size32 x 18 x 25
Area638 sq ft
Perimeter115'
Gallons
18,250​
Tile6 x 6
CopingFlagstone
Raised beamFlagstone
Decking965 sq ft no color Heavy stone
Steel1/2" pool steel
12" raised bed across backside of pool venereed in Oklahoma Flagstone
2 18" raised columns
FilterCartridge
Water features1 - 48" sheer descent
2 - 24" sheer descent
2 Under coping spray head
Bubblers2 on tan ledge
auto fill water
Umbrella sleeve1 on tan ledge
Equipment:
InLine Chlorinator
Main Pump: Jandy CV 580 HP VS epump
Pump 2: Jandy 1.65 HP VS epump
Light: 2 multicolor Jandy LED

POOL BUILDER 2:

114' Straight Line Pool3.5 to 6'
20,600 gallons
Steel shell, struction all 1/2" #4 rebar on 10's and 5''s w/#4 on beam
Hand Cut and formed gunite pool, shell 8 inch walls and floor 12" beam
12" lueders coping
Waterline tile on pool 6" x 6"
Upgrade to "wet edge" signature pebble plaster level 1
2 LED MULTICOLOR MICROBRIGHT LIGHTS 100'
2 skimmers w/4 Jandy valves
Pentair Easytouch 4 controls mounted at equipment and screen logic controls
Formed concrete or prefab equipment pad
Pentair VS variable speed high efficiency pump (3 HP)
Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter
Pentair prowler electronic pool cleaner
Inline Chloiene feeder
Bubbler - 1 on tanning ledge
Umbrella sleeve - up to 4
Electrical hookup / installation 220/110 volt
Plumbing all sched 40, 2" suction, 1/15" returns, all features independentl run
Plumbing buried 12" to 14"
Piers - 17 Helical piers - est
Deck brushed, sal, aggregate or bare stampedconcrete
Water feature: 3 tier water feature (10' x 12", 5' x 18") 3 1" sheer descents
Separate super flow pumps

Attachments

• Pool Builder 1.jpeg
    Pool Builder 1.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 40
Hi and welcome to TFP.

I don't see the depths on the 1st quote. (might have missed them)

Equipment-make sure to get all of the model numbers. There are so many different ones with the same "name" so model numbers are very important! Share them with us so we can make sure you get what your pools needs.

I would have our own engineer for sure. It will pay off in the end.

Reactions: UnieeBlue
I prefer Pentair equipment except that Pentair declared EasyTouch obsolete as of September 2023.

Builders should not be looking to sell their obsolete inventory to new customers.

Reactions: UnieeBlue
It is like Florida builders and the *love* for tiny filters! Neither makes sense at all but it is what it is and we are on the lookout on builds here to help make sure they DON'T fall into those traps.

Last edited:
It is like Florida builders and the *love* for tiny filters! Neither makes sense at all but it is what it is and we are on the lookout on builds here to help make sure they fall into those traps.

Is there a word missing in that sentence or do you really want them to fall into those traps?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all - I’ve asked every one of the builders about SWG and they all said it was not recommended because of the well water

also the depth is going to be either 6 or 7 feet

ill go back to each and ask for model numbers and post back but 1 may be eliminated once we find out about the piers issue and we will be back to looking for another bidder

Hi and welcome to TFP.

Equipment-make sure to get all of the model numbers. There are so many different ones with the same "name" so model numbers are very important! Share them with us so we can make sure you get what your pools needs.

Both builders are specifying inline chlorinators. Why did I know this was being built in Texas before looking at the location?

Hi and welcome to TFP.

Thanks for the heads up! I asked the vendor and he said he he Was using up his supply - that he had had good luck with that model but he could order the new one if we wanted

Reactions: kimkats
Hi and welcome to TFP.

Thanks for the advise it’s so very helpful. We have decided to eliminate the bid with no piers - we called and they still insisted that soil injections were all that was needed and their bid was inline already with the other bids that had the cost of piers built in …..

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.