Help with Intex Pump

It's a sand pump. I'm not using the salt water filtration anymore... too hard to keep the pool clean for me. The pool is dirty, I've been shocking it and cleaning.
I need to retest but when I tested the other day the CYA was a little too high ( I added some without testing - oops ) I've drained some water and added more.

It's a sand pump. I'm not using the salt water filtration anymore... too hard to keep the pool clean for me. The pool is dirty, I've been shocking it and cleaning.
I need to retest but when I tested the other day the CYA was a little too high ( I added some without testing - oops ) I've drained some water and added more.
What test kit do you have?

Have you deep cleaned the sand?

Yes, everything else works fine, backwash, recirculate etc... and water comes out clear.
Pool is blue but NOT clear, can't see the bottom and I know there are still leaves down there. I've been trying to net it out, can't really vacuum because of the low suction.
This is the third season for this pump. Should the sand need to be deep cleaned already? Sorry, I have no idea. lol
thanks for the help!

Reactions: splashpad
Yes, everything else works fine, backwash, recirculate etc... and water comes out clear.
Pool is blue but NOT clear, can't see the bottom and I know there are still leaves down there. I've been trying to net it out, can't really vacuum because of the low suction.
This is the third season for this pump. Should the sand need to be deep cleaned already? Sorry, I have no idea. lol
thanks for the help!
We usually clean ours once a season, but it's "tiny"
If/since it's cloudy.... are you going to SLAM Process?
Can you share current test results and maybe a pic? :D

Reactions: ChristineM
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.