Help with controlling old Pentair Intellibrite that turns itself off and on?

FiveSheep

Jul 3, 2023
Oklahoma
I recently bought a house that came with a pool but no information about the equipment. It's all Pentair (EasyTouch control panel, cartridge filter, and pump), and there's a sticker on the panel that says the final inspection was done in October of 2013.

The pool has a light that I believe is a Pentair Intellibrite. I've attached a picture of a light that looks similar. The light is not attached to the control panel, but has a separate light switch. The light turns on, and by flipping the switch a couple of times it can cycle through colors or be made to stop on a color. I figured this much out through trial and error.

Recently the light has started flashing six times after I turn it on. Like, I'll flip it on, it'll turn off-on by itself six times in a row, and then it stays on. I have no idea what this means. I've found some old Intellibrite manuals that talk about flipping the switch to control a bunch of different modes, but the manuals make no mention of any off-on behavior like this that comes from the light. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks!

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 0
It does return to the color it was turned off at. But, when I turn it on, it starts at that color, does the blinking off and on, and then stays steady at that color.

I thought that maybe the blinking was to tell me what mode it is currently in (based on the chart on the wiki you linked), but I feel like the blinking is a new behavior, and also, six blinks would indicate that it should be doing a light show mode, not a solid color mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.