Help with Balancing Pool After Pump Failure - New Pump Finally Installed

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
My pump died on May 29th, and I replaced it with a Pentair IntelliFlo variable speed unit. Due to some issues, I couldn't get it up and running until yesterday. I expected my pool to look like a swamp, but surprisingly, it is still crystal clear. I'm very new to variable speed pumps, and I'm not sure how I should proceed. Should I be starting with a SLAM? Would I run the pump at low RPM, or should I be running it higher until the water is properly chlorinated? All of my values are within the correct range (verified with K-2005 test kit) other than I have no chlorine in the water. I didn't turn the SWG on yet, as I wasn't sure if I will need to superchlorinate first.

Did you really meant to say "June 29th"? It would be really surprising to have clear water without circulation for over an year.

You're lucky to go this far without algae. Definitely get some chlorine they're asap. Add stabilizer as well. Instead of immediately increasing the CYA to 70, you might just take it to shoot 40 and run an OCLT to be safe. If you pass, then go to 70.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.