Winter Garden, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I just built a new inground pool that has a Jandy RS8 system. The builder forgot to add the valve actuator for the deck jets, but came back and added that. Now I realize that I don’t have a way to configure the spa overflow. Here is a picture of my setup. Is there anyway to program this/add additional actuator to have control of the spa spillover?IMG_0337.jpegIMG_0347.jpeg

What do you mean “configure the spa overflow “?

Do you have an actuator on your pool/spa return diverter?

Does pool mode and spa mode work on your Aqualink system?

What do you mean “configure the spa overflow “?

Do you have an actuator on your pool/spa return diverter?

Does pool mode and spa mode work on your Aqualink system?
My spa spillover (waterfall) is running constantly when my pool pump is on even during pool mode. Durning pool school, I asked the tech from the builder if that spillover had to run continuously and he said “pretty much”, but to control it, i would use the valve adjacent to the fountain valve. I have since learned that should not run constantly and would like to control it.

When I hit spa mode, the waterfall becomes more intense. See better picture of overall configuration. IMG_0374.jpeg

The automated valve between the spa and fountain controls the flow to the spa when in pool mode.
Also you have a manual valve before that which can be closed to that line and only have it open to the pool return.

In your second picture, the return is to the pool returns and to the spa return which is causing the spa spillover. If the automated valve is rotated 180 degrees then it will shut off the spa spillover but it will open the flow to the fountain. What is your fountain?
The main way to stop flow to the spa spillover and the fountain is to turn the manual valve to shut off the flow to those features.

When I hit spa mode, the waterfall becomes more intense. See better picture of overall configuration.
Show a picture when the valves are in SPA mode. There should be no spillover to the pool when in spa mode because suction is from the spa and the return to the spa only. There is nothing causing it to spillover to the pool. Unless your valves are not fully rotating.

Show a picture when the valves are in SPA mode. There should be no spillover to the pool when in spa mode because suction is from the spa and the return to the spa only. There is nothing causing it to spillover to the pool. Unless your valves are not fully rotating.
I stand corrected. When I am in SPA mode, the spillover stops.

The automated valve between the spa and fountain controls the flow to the spa when in pool mode.
Also you have a manual valve before that which can be closed to that line and only have it open to the pool return.

In your second picture, the return is to the pool returns and to the spa return which is causing the spa spillover. If the automated valve is rotated 180 degrees then it will shut off the spa spillover but it will open the flow to the fountain. What is your fountain?
The main way to stop flow to the spa spillover and the fountain is to turn the manual valve to shut off the flow to those features.
The automated valve between the spa and fountain is programed to turn the Fountain (Deck Jets) on and off, so I have no automatic control of the spa spillover. I would like to control both the spa spillover and deckjets through automation.

The automated valve between the spa and fountain is programed to turn the Fountain (Deck Jets) on and off, so I have no automatic control of the spa spillover. I would like to control both the spa spillover and deckjets through automation
there are 4 valve control sockets which are assigned in the icon for Assign JVAs on the second page of the System Setup. You have 3 valve actuators assigned. Can you show a screenshot of that screen?

What equipment do you have assigned to the various relays so we can see what is available. See the icon Label Auxiliaries and show a screen shot of that.

See Screen
there are 4 valve control sockets which are assigned in the icon for Assign JVAs on the second page of the System Setup. You have 3 valve actuators assigned. Can you show a screenshot of that screen?

What equipment do you have assigned to the various relays so we can see what is available. See the icon Label Auxiliaries and show a screen shot of that.
See Screenshots and also a picture of the inside of my panel.

Pciture of Inside Panel.jpgLabel Aux.jpgAssign JVAs.jpg

SPILLOVER mode is enabled by turning on dip switch 3. That makes AUX3 into your SPILLOVER ON/OFF control. Then close your manual valve and schedule the SPILLOVER to run for 15 minutes twice a day to refresh your spa water.

See Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SPILLOVER mode is enabled by turning on dip switch 3. That makes AUX3 into your SPILLOVER ON/OFF control. Then close your manual valve and schedule the SPILLOVER to run for 15 minutes twice a day to refresh your spa water.

See Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading
So basically my pool is plumbed for overflow two different ways? I will switch the dip switch over tonight and see if it works. But thinking about it, I am going to have to adjust the actuator between Fountain and Spa aren’t I? Right now, deck jets are off, spa overflow is on. If I turn on the deck jets, they come on but spa overflow remains on. I don’t have a way to close off that secondary pipe to the spa.

So basically my pool is plumbed for overflow two different ways? I will switch the dip switch over tonight and see if it works. But thinking about it, I am going to have to adjust the actuator between Fountain and Spa aren’t I? Right now, deck jets are off, spa overflow is on. If I turn on the deck jets, they come on but spa overflow remains on. I don’t have a way to close off that secondary pipe to the spa.
I am not sure what you wanted or where the fountain is.

The fountain should not have been plumbed to be dependent on the spa water flow. It sounds like the fountain water pickoff point needs to be relocated depending on how you want the fountain to run.

So I moved the DIP switch for AUX 3 over, and my App changed the labeling to “Spillover”. When I activated that button it drained my spa about 8” right away. It seems like something is switched up maybe?

So I moved the DIP switch for AUX 3 over, and my App changed the labeling to “Spillover”. When I activated that button it drained my spa about 8” right away. It seems like something is switched up maybe?
Your RETURN and SUCTION actuators are connected to the reversed sockets on the Aqualink board. Open up the top panel and swap them.