Help with 12 x 24 intex supports

Apr 11, 2015
Winnipeg, Canada
Just set up my new 12 x 24 rectangular intex. Ground is level within 1/4 inch and the pavers are also all level within 1/4 inch. I have about 2 inches of water in it and the support legs aren't at the 13'10 and 25'10 that they're supposed to be the 13'10 side is barley sitting on my pavers which are 15" x 15" and are bang on 13'10 on centre. Before I add more water I just want to make sure this is normal and I should wait it out as I add more water and pull the supports out as it fills. If it matter the base was ground with the sod removed and dug down then levelled with about 1/4 inch to half inch of sand. Thanks for the help.

I would think about moving the pavers out to where the legs are telling you they want to go.

Is your pool one with straps of some kind to help hold the legs/supports in? I seem to remember someone saying they had to add a strap to theirs. I think they used towing straps from Harbor Freight.

A pic might help us know what you are seeing and offering better ideas.

Kim:kim:

Thanks I spent a lot of time levelling it so I wouldn't have these kind of issues. If I pull the support leg out it sits about an inch on the paver. The other side look the same as this side. I'm more worried about this side as I wanted it pretty close to the deck so I can use the deck to get in and out.

Freon the pool bottom is at about 11' right now. Will the feet push out as the bottom expands?

It looks slack on the bottom so I would think it would move out some. Can you safely get in and use a push broom to GENTLY push the bottom of the pool to see how far it will move out as it fills?

Man I hate that you are going through this. I hope it is just that it needs more water and slight adjustments.

:hug:

I had already pushed out the base and the creases before the photo. I think it'll actually come out enough cause when I get in it and push the sides it feels like I'm hitting the black connection that connects the pool to the support and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't feel them when it's full.

Thanks for the heads up I'll send a pm to see what he has to say.

I had the same concern when I was filling mine. As the pool fills, the legs will pop out and the bottom straps will become tight as a drum. Just monitor as you fill and give a firm tug now and then if there is slack in the straps. You will be fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
60A5D9C3F5674F848370088CE95C8BB5_zpsfso1-1.jpg

Thank you! Does that means the legs are at the correct distance? Do you have an updated picture of the legs position? I think I have exactly the same model (darker gray) and the same concern, I stop filing at 6 inches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.