Help please, Ph is purple after Diamond Brite finish

Nancyc

May 5, 2015
covington/Ky.
Hi,
They finished plastering on Friday and added sequestering agent on Saturday. I started pump on Monday and added 4 lbs. on stabilizer instead of 8lbs. This morning Ph. was purple, not knowing any better, I thought it was to high to read. I set Pool math to 8 with goal of 7.3 and added 39 ounces of Muriatic acid. Ph. is still purple. Other numbers Chlor - 0, TA -70, CH -120, Cay -40. Please help me fix this.

Under your contract, who,is responsible for the start up? Do they/did they provide any care recomendations to maintain warranty coverage.

Have you read this article I. Pool School? Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

When the pH is off the scale, what you Are doing is correct - small amounts of acid until you can get a valid reading.

You want to get some liquid chlorine in there also.

The contractor added sequestering agent and told me to add 7 lbs of Stabilizer. I am following the Diamond Brite recommendation on start up from SGM that makes it.
Thanks so much for the New Plaster start up Ill read it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just reread above. Contractor has a 5 year warranty on his work but no instructions on chemicals for filling the pool. Thanks again!

I have now added 117 ounces of Muriatic Acid with no color change. Should I increase the amount of acid I'm adding? Also the liquid chlorine I have is 10% Sodium Hypochlorite is that ok? What level of chlorine do I want? I'm worried about hurting my new plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.