Help please. It didnt look like this last time

I had origionally was using 18 as my minimum FC level dont let it drop. After I found that my CYA was lower then 20 i was ok with the 18 level. Now that I have added some CYA cuz the sun was eating it all i moved up to 20. I boost to 30 and dont let it drop below 20. It still needs some more CYA but i will wait till im done with SLAM.

I also brush floor and walls everyday.

I check FC in morning and add to get thru the daytime. Check again after work add again to get thru over night. I lose more during day then night by atleast double so I know the sun is still eating some. I think my CYA is around 25 to 30 now. Ill test it this coming weekend.

Sounds like we are both doing the same thing with the exception of the SLAM level. I started at 16 then bumped up to 20 then to 24. For a week nothing happened. Finally starting to see some small changes since sunday but still very slow. I think I will bump to 30 and see what happens.

We do not recommend raising the FC that high above shock level. It is just putting your pool liner and equipment at-risk.

Your water looks very clear but kind of tinted is there any chance that you might have iron in the water?

TADA! its BLUE!

Its not done yet still some more to go im sure. But its blue again.

Big time loss of FC today it was 16ppm when I got home. Dumped 64oz in right away.

Im going to brush the dusty spots and take a final evening reading at sunset.

Curious to see how much it looses over night.

BTW it was Super sunny today with a high of 92deg.
d44f369753ad97c299d30ac6d9a10e31.jpg
04bf8ffaf984b96d3aed4f5f3b91d2af.jpg
66cbcc959f130f1b4a26869322d90d7a.jpg

Sunset...

FC 29... try to stay between 20-30ppm at all times

CC .5 I say this although I did the 5ml test as I think if I did the 10ml test it would be .5ppm.

So pumps running as it has been for the past 4 days.

Any guess to what the overnight loss will be?

I will try to beat the sunrise. This will be a 5ml test again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dont think im out of the woods just yet.

I brushed last night before taking my final evening reading.

This morning I was able to beat the sunrise so it was all overnight loss.

FC 25
CC .5 I guess it barely changed at all.

Ill keep it at shock level still.

This again was a 5ml test so not 100 percent accurate.

Will try again this evening. Might do the full 10ml test.

We will see.

Getting close! Im finally seeing some real progress too. Had the wife bump FC up to 30 when she got home yesterday afternoon. By that evening it was down to 21.5 Bumped back up to 30 before bed. Checked it first thing this morning huge color difference and FC dropped to 24.5 Bumped back up and backwashed the filter and let her go for the day.

110hr update.

Boosted to 30 this morning. It was down to 15.

Another super sunny 93 degrees.

The major loss of FC has me thinking that my CYA is around 20 maybe 30.

Im trying to hold out on adding CYA till SLAM is over due to not knowing my PH level anymore.

So tonight is gonna be the trial run of OFCLT. My CC reading has been coming back clear past couple testings at 5ml.

Just added 48oz and brushed everything down.

Waiting for sunset to pull my evening numbers.

Did I mention the wife and kids are dying to get in lol

631b107aef14f113a80b7439d2dfe804.jpg

Delayed 5:30AM

FC 20.5
CC 0.5

Idk i guess it passed the trial run. I need to vac it again. I boosted again this morning to keep it in shock level during the day today. Supposed to be another sunny hot day again..

So if I get the same results or better again tomorrow morning I will conclude with the SLAM. Almost a full week above shock level.

One thing to think of is the pockets at the top of the liner that the top poles run thru. The hold quite a bit of water and if you dont keep up on it you can get a tn of algae growing in there. Ive heard of some people punching drain holes in the opening by the legs. I just pour a little bleach in there every couple days since the kids splash around so much they always have water in them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.