Help please. It didnt look like this last time

7am

I added 3 cups last night.

When I checked this morning it was.

FC 30
CC 1

5ml test. Been using 5ml for testing due to high FC.

Scratching me head here a little bit. Didnt expect such high reading.

I added 1 cup for good measure. Will check again after work.

I think its getting lighter. Almost resembles the color of the bleach.

Gonna use the new vac when I get home today.
b085007dc1a79428e91cd666fe141946.jpg
3a0fd2ae36af9f3026330b9414a6d0d2.jpg

So lil shark did pretty good his first time in the pool. He likes to try to move against the current of the pool and winds up going backwards at times.

There is multiple settings that can be adjusted. The also include a flow director for the return that I can not install because I still use the upgraded stock intex return.

My pool had the 1.25in hoses. I run a intex sand filter so I upgraded the inlet and outlets to the larger intex valves.

My intake is semi hard plumbed. My return side is just the upgraded intex stuff...

Time for a upgrade I guess.

Ill take a picture of my equipment tomorrow. Letcha all know what im working with lol.

FC 25
CC 1

How far off and which way off can testing at 5ml be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Could be the pool is smaller than you think or the bleach is extra strong.

There is a sample-sizer from Taylor, but you have to use the Taylor vials which are a little different than the TF-100 vials.

7am

FC 25
CC 1

Wow what a difference. Think I will put the shark back in the pool again tonight. He comes with a pole attachment so you can use him as a manual vac too.

Still no backwash needed. Although I do not like the stock gauge on my pump. I have a gauge I got from TFtestkits but the thread sizes are different. Ill have to take the two gauges to the store and get a adapter.
491bee567d603ae47dff566071c26ac7.jpg
fc413b986af6fcbff65b58cb874bad26.jpg
1a64967e5a4c2d69c3561bbf38dda7f8.jpg
59e93cc12c97043271f8e550145a197b.jpg

Yep, pump running the whole time.

And remember, you have to pass all three tests at the same time.
1) Water is clear (even after brushing!)
2) CC .5 or less
3) Overnight loss less than 1 FC

After that is done, you'll be cruising through the summer in total control of the chemistry. Come late July or August, your neighbors will be blowing their paychecks at the pool store in a futile attempt to clear their green pools. Your kids will become pool snobs, too.

How did you decide to SLAM to 30? I might have missed it but last I saw your CYA was only about 20. Im in the same boat as you but not having near the success that you are. Ive been SLAMing to 24 and seeing very little progress. Thinking I need to bump up the level a little

I had origionally was using 18 as my minimum FC level dont let it drop. After I found that my CYA was lower then 20 i was ok with the 18 level. Now that I have added some CYA cuz the sun was eating it all i moved up to 20. I boost to 30 and dont let it drop below 20. It still needs some more CYA but i will wait till im done with SLAM.

I also brush floor and walls everyday.

I check FC in morning and add to get thru the daytime. Check again after work add again to get thru over night. I lose more during day then night by atleast double so I know the sun is still eating some. I think my CYA is around 25 to 30 now. Ill test it this coming weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.