HELP Pentair easy touch control system just turned off

Note Do not do anything that you are not 100% sure that you can do safely.

If you feel comfortable testing live power, test from Line in lug 1 to Line In lug 2 to see if you have 240 volts.

Chandler,

I've been doing Electronics stuff for about 60 years, and in all that time I have seen maybe 5 or 6 bad power transformers.. Two or 3 of them have been on an EasyTouch. It may be bad, but 'guessing' is not how I troubleshoot. It would not be the first thing on my list to suspect...

You really need to get a voltmeter and test the input 240 VAC to the EasyTouch before doing anything else or call an electrician.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you have 240 to the line in lugs, you can test for power at the breaker load lugs.

For a 240 double pole breaker, you test lug to lug for 240 volts.

For 120 volt power, you test from the load lug to the neutral bar for 120 volts.

Note: Line means power coming into a switch, breaker or piece of equipment.

Load means power leaving a switch or breaker.

1710691357746.pngIMG_0537.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like your System Transformer is wired for 120 volts, which is how it ships from the factory.

You can test for power at the Control Transformer circuit breaker load lug to the neutral bar for 120 volts.

The EasyTouch and IntelliTouch Control System Load Center and Power Center system transformer can be wired for 120 VAC at 2AMP 50/60 Hz (factory installed) or 240 VAC at 1AMP 50/60 Hz.

The system transformer is pre-wired at the factory for 120 VAC service.

1710692183583.png

I do not see a breaker labeled "Pool".

View attachment 558908
James! Thank you! You taught me something and I fixed it… I followed the sub panel out to our electrical boxes and lo and behold … POOL PANEL. Guess I just tripped it..no big deal. Now the pump is running like normal and everything else. Thank you again! Thank God!

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3530.jpeg
    IMG_3530.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Jimrahbe and JamesW