Help - Omnilogic Touchscreen messed v3.0 - unable calibrate

Apr 14, 2013
Hi all - in the four years of owning the Omnilogic i've had to calibrate the touch screen twice using the procedure found on their site -> Config -> Shell

However this year when starting up my screen is really off and after 20 triees i haven't been able to get to the shell. I upgraded to 3.0 FW last fall before shutting down and now i don't even see "shell" command when i go to Config. Anybody know what the updated procedure is? i'm pretty disappointed that calibration isn't something you can start by just pressing a single button etc - having to go through multiple screens when your touch screen is messed is poor design. Since i'm at 4 year mark i'm doubtful the screen is covered under warranty so any help would be greatly appreciated (i was thinking of going to 3.2 Firmware as i noticed it had a feature at boot to calibrate but i can't get to the shutdown -> firmware screens as bottom of screen is inaccessible)

Tommy, don’t feel we are ignoring you. There does not seem to be much Hayward OmniLogic repair activity here.

The latest firmware, R3.2, has an option to initiate calibration during boot... unfortunately you are on R3.0 and the only way to initiate calibration is by using the touchscreen through a LOT of buttons - a catch 22!

Have you tried calling Hayward? They are pretty good at taking customer calls and may have a workaround here (if they do, be sure to post it for everyone!).

Replacing the LCD screen will, in MOST cases, resolve this issue as the system recognizes the new screen and reverts to a default calibration - initial calibration may not be perfect, but should allow you to work through the process of recalibrating the screen so it is perfect. One other thing you can try is to shut down the Omni, and disconnect the current LCD, reconnect it, then restart the Omni. I don't think this will revert to default, but you never know (I've never tried that before).

Once you get this up and running, the 1st thing you need to do is to upgrade to R3.2 - then if something goes wrong with calibration, you can easily restart calibration.

Before you play with all this, make sure you download your config file. It contains all the info for all of your connected devices - what relay they are wired to, etc. You can do this from the Omni web page. Go to Profile, msp configuration, and select your pool. From there you can either display or download your config file.

Sigh, too bad they don't have an option to edit the config file and upload to the Omni... could change/fix a lot of things that way!

Good luck!

I just got off with Hayward support - really nice guy. Unfortunately he had me try a few thigns and came to conclusion that the LCD needs replacement. WIth older firmware there is no other way to force the calibration procedure other then hopping through the menus. the bottom part of my screen doesn't work so i can't get very far. Time to order a replacement:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.