Help Needed! I don't understand...

Hey - yeah spent all evening doing it. I ended up with some pressure unions. I tested everything, no leaks, good pressure!

I also replaced my sand in the end. I had it out for the deep clean and just for $30 and my own peace of mind, I replaced it. From now on I’ll maintain it.

I remember three years ago when I was a totally newbie, and before I found TFP and understood some chemistry, that there was the possibility of a flocculant being added to the water. So, with that being said, I reset. I’ve had it running two hours and the pool is already getting clearer!

My Dolphin stepped in for the last 24 hours to help filter and clean and keep SLAM mixed up. I schedule him to do like 8 cycles just to keep things moving. Plus he literally is not picking anything up now. In his basket today after going all day there was the end of a plastic spoon (that’s my daughter!) and two leaves.

I’m excited to see how things look in the morning!

Last edited:
Hey - yeah spent all evening doing it. I ended up with some pressure unions. I tested everything, no leaks, good pressure!

I also replaced my sand in the end. I had it out for the deep clean and just for $30 and my own peace of mind, I replaced it. From now on I’ll maintain it.

I remember three years ago when I was a totally newbie, and before I found TFP and understood some chemistry, that there was the possibility of a flocculant being added to the water. So, with that being said, I reset. I’ve had it running two hours and the pool is already getting clearer!

My Dolphin stepped in for the last 24 hours to help filter and clean and keep SLAM mixed up. I schedule him to do like 8 cycles just to keep things moving. Plus he literally is not picking anything up now. In his basket today after going all day there was the end of a plastic spoon (that’s my daughter!) and two leaves.

I’m excited to see how things look in the morning!
Ok opened a huge can of worms today! There were too many bubbles in the pump basket, and the filter was taking in air. So I dug down in the clay where our pipes are and as I scrapped some of the clay away, hisssss, then gurgle, there’s a hole in the pipe that’s been probably semi air tight because of the clay, but just enough to bring in some dirt and air to the pool.

Ok opened a huge can of worms today! There were too many bubbles in the pump basket, and the filter was taking in air. So I dug down in the clay where our pipes are and as I scrapped some of the clay away, hisssss, then gurgle, there’s a hole in the pipe that’s been probably semi air tight because of the clay, but just enough to bring in some dirt and air to the pool.
Ok well, it’s taken me 10 hours to remove the deck, pick axe down 3 feet of Texas clay in the Texas heat. Finally removed the pipe that was pierced in multiple places and leaking, the clay made it operational to an extent. I have a sneaky suspicion it was damaged on install, as this is the first time I’ve not seen bubbles in the pump basket or coming into the pool! Hard work but totally worth it!!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Final updates the sand was dead in my filter, and there were cracks in the underground plumbing for the pool. The clay had created a somewhat environment where the water wasn't leaking but was pulling in tiny air bubbles. I replaced the sand in my filter, put new plumbing in and 4 days later nearly a crystal clear pool, and no CCs. Excited to be nearing the end. It's been an ordeal. I wish I'd thought about the bubbles in the pump basket, as I'd have started there. But, you live and learn!

This thread was a long and winding road, glad you resolved your issues and are back on track. This points out the many variables when trying to determine a proper diagnosis. Thanks for tracking this through and documenting it for the TFP data base. I'm sure it will be of value to someone someday searching for an answer. :cheers:

Reactions: TitanBrave
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.