Help me not murder my husband!

Hobokenkitchen said:
linen said:
That is normal. Get your FC back up. Once the cya is gone from the sock, assume that it is in your pool and adjust up your FC shocking level accordingly.

I still have to work out what that means and as I am jot sure of the gallons in the pool it makes life really difficult. I know I should add chlorine tonight, but no idea how much.

Looks like the PH is at 7.2 so that's good right?
yep, that is fine as long as when you tested the pH, the FC was below 10.

FC was 8 when I tested PH.

In the continuing comedy of errors I'm unable to add chlorine because neither of us can open the can and we don't have one of those huge pair of pliers to open it. Bwahahahahaha. Nothing's ever easy.

This evening's test results:

FC: 4.5
CC: 0
TC: 4.5
TA: 80 (it never changed color at all after 8 drops but was never red, only dark pink).
CH: 220
PH: 7.4
CYA: between 20 and 30 (closer to 20) but we still have CYA dissolving in a sock. This is the first time ever we have managed to get any reading at all! :party:

We still have a frog in the pool :roll: - we're adding chlorine tonight and hopefully he'll move out by tomorrow as we have friends over to swim! :whoot:
Only downside is we're running the heater as the temperature dropped a ton with the torrential rain yesterday.

What do you think of these results? Any good?

I think it looks pretty good? We just vacuumed today which it needed badly. The problem is that we have some stains and discoloration so it never looks perfect. I would say it's crystal clear but only sparkles when we have the waterfall on.

No we haven't. I haven't tested the last 2 nights though. Couldn't deal with the rain yesterday!!
I will go out and test again tonight a few hours after we added the chlorine and I'll retest first thing and see how it's looking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are done with the shock process when....

1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Do you pass all three?

Compromise. Nice. Sometimes that is the ultimate win. My wife never touches the pool except to swim in it. I never wash a single dish ever. Whatever combination prevents yelling is the answer. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.