Help me choose pool heater please

Is it the norm to service heat pump pool heaters by an HVAC company? One of the installers told me they don’t service these and I would need to find an hvac company. But somehow he’s the service center for Jandy. Very confused by this response.

As mentioned many times with Pool Heat Pumps, you must first determine what service center is nearby for the unit you are desiring to purchase. If you can find a service center near your home for a certain brand, that is the brand you want to install.

Is it the norm to service heat pump pool heaters by an HVAC company? One of the installers told me they don’t service these and I would need to find an hvac company. But somehow he’s the service center for Jandy. Very confused by this response.

That is correct since working on Heat Pumps often requires an EPA Certificate to work on the refigerant and Pool Services Companies usually don't have anyone with an EPA Certificate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.