Help Me Build - All Season Pool / Greenhouse for Topicals

Why did you go with (2) 100w and (1) 300w transformers for your lights?
1 of the 100watt transformers controls the three microbrite in the pool main body, the second 100 watt transformer controls the mocrobrite in the spamd he one in the grotto. The 300 watt transformer controls the well lights installed throughout my artificial rockwork as well as the other landscape lighting (33 5 watt bulbs) in the back yard. With the microbrites you need a separate transformer for any lights you want to be able to separately control colors on. I like the ability to control the spa and grotto separate from the pool
Also, can you tell me more about your controlled outlet for the pool robot
I installed a 2 gang box on one of the columns near the pool with one constant hot gfci and one switched gfci. The maytronics robots have an "automation mode" that I intended to use with the intellicenter. Ultimately i bought the aiper seagull pro cordless cleaner. I have the charger plugged into the controlled outlet and have it set to run 2hrs in the late evening. This charges the robot I'm off peak electric times and keeps it from an potential over-charging.
controlled autofill valve?
It seems the negative implications of having an autofillis the potential of it masking a leak. I use a flume water monitor to monitor water usage at my house but with the pool autofill running almost always, the flume read the usage as a leak. In order to mitigate this as well as be able to monitor pool water usage with relative accuracy I installed a sprinkler valve in line on the autofill. It os detailed here: Thread 'Intellicenter feature controlled autofill with sprinkler valve' Intellicenter feature controlled autofill with sprinkler valve
Having it timed to come on in the middle of the night, the flume captures the usage while typically nothing else is running.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRMoody
1 of the 100watt transformers controls the three microbrite in the pool main body, the second 100 watt transformer controls the mocrobrite in the spamd he one in the grotto. The 300 watt transformer controls the well lights installed throughout my artificial rockwork as well as the other landscape lighting (33 5 watt bulbs) in the back yard. With the microbrites you need a separate transformer for any lights you want to be able to separately control colors on. I like the ability to control the spa and grotto separate from the pool

I installed a 2 gang box on one of the columns near the pool with one constant hot gfci and one switched gfci. The maytronics robots have an "automation mode" that I intended to use with the intellicenter. Ultimately i bought the aiper seagull pro cordless cleaner. I have the charger plugged into the controlled outlet and have it set to run 2hrs in the late evening. This charges the robot I'm off peak electric times and keeps it from an potential over-charging.

I saw that you had the 5 microbrites but I wasn't even thinking about the landscape lighting! I just bought a new 100w transformer and was worried I misunderstood how many I could run off of one transformer. And I like that switched outlet idea for the robot - there goes another one of my relays.

Also nice cupola/tower on your house!

Reactions: Ahultin
there goes another one of my relays.
😉 Happy to help spend other people's money lol
Also nice cupola/tower on your house!
Thank you, we love it. We built an east coast Victorian on the west coast which posed some fun and excitement but I wouldn't have it any other way. The inside is open as well so the ceiling is ~30ft. Makes for fun changing the ceiling fan bulbs!

Last edited:
No real progress over the past week with rain almost every day. Just took down a few more trees. We did have an interesting visitor though!

gator.jpg

I had planned on sitting the screen structure on a brick knee wall as we have large dogs. This just adds another reason to do that.

My collection of random pool parts continues to increase. I saw these Jandy Never Lube 3-Port Pool Valves (4717) on ebay. They are a new seller so hopefully everything comes as expected. I do wonder how much someone in the industry is paying for parts like these vs. someone like me buying at retail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.