HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

So good to see that you are in charge of your pool rather than it being in charge of you. My husband was commenting on how pretty our water was last night during a night swim. He said, "When you can see clear through the water with only the street lamp for light, the water is great. He said, "I am proud of our water." It made me feel so proud and glad that I found the BBB method!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes yes!!!!!! That is what i am...proud of the water and so HAPPY if found this site and the BBB method. Water is still clear. Got out a few leaves that had wondered in there and filtered the top with my manual skimmer. Water still feels wonderful and i'm thankful it's not turned cloudy having the pump off so long.

Txmat. That is a great idea!!! I still have my hoses attached. Didn't want to take them off till my new pump gets here. But, i will do what you suggest. Ya never know....

Don't forget, you can connect the suction and return lines to each other and isolate the pump from the pool. I use a hose adapter or I connect my return hose to the skimmer outlet ( I have a longer hose on the return side).

Another way to isolate the pump is to close the filter to seal off the return side. For the skimmer side you can use the vacuum hose out of the pool to stop up the skimmer and then when you take the hose off the pump you can raise the hose above water level and tie it up.

Pool is still clear. I am an automatic pump pretender. I've been stirring and stirring and scrubbing and scrubbing and bleaching and bleaching.

Today it is suppose to be here. Yesterday it was in Nashville.

I'll be back to update.

Thanks all for checking in on me!!!!

At least you have beautiful water to enjoy while you stir and stir.... I hear a youtube video in the making "Automatic Pump Pretender" :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

NikiBelle, Do you realize how far you have come? A month ago a pump failure would have been very depressing as you would have assumed your pool was doomed. Now, as the saying goes "it's not a hill for a stepper." You just pick up the slack and become an "Automatic pump Pretender." Way to go my lady.

Ok ya'll!!! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED SOMEONE!!!!!!

I have the old pump off and btw the fan moved easily.

So i'm hooking up the new pump and there seems to be a grounding wire? I removed it from the old pump but the new pump has a different looking set up. Not sure how to put that copper wire on it. The other end of the copper wire is attached with what looks like a screw in the metal part of my pool...

Help!!!!!!!!!

100_1505.jpg

100_1506.jpg

Connect that copper lug to the wire that goes to the pool wall. It is called a bonding wire.

The screw to the right in your picture can be loosened and the copper wire from you pool wall can be slide into the gap, then retighten the screw.

Ok i think i understand that first part. unscrew it and slide the copper wire through it and then re-tighten the screw. But that other screw the big one? Just wrap the copper wire around it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.