HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

jlsl95 said:
Nikki, I just read your entire thread and have learned so much! We don't have a pool yet, my husband is starting our DIY pool soon, but I've been reading and trying to educate myself. You are such an inspiration!! I hope you are enjoying your pool today!

Oh jlsl95!!!!!! That makes me feel so GREAT!!!!! I have been so afraid that this thread is so long that new peeps may not take the time to read and LEARN from my mistakes. I am so proud of you for reading. I am also proud of you for educating yourself BEFORE you get going. Thank you so much for posting and learning from my, what i now call it, my "Cinderella story".

Oh here is a pic just now, poolmama67. Got in today and vacuumed and scrubbed so this is just after ....

100_1507.jpg

I am SO ENJOYING IT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Oh and just a little reminder from when Cinderella was cleaning up the chimney...

100_1345.jpg

Great Job Bleach Shorts! :goodjob:

Does this mean that this thread is coming to an end?? :cry: Say it isn't so!!

Well we are all proud of you NikiBelle! You have come a long way and may I add that this has been probably THE BEST! thread I think I have ever followed on any forum just amazing the wealth of knowledge, information, hurdles, stumbles, and let us not forget a GREAT TRIUMPH! I (we) witnessed.
Is there a grand prize for the 1000th post? Wow just looked at this 49 pages and 964 post...NICE!

Once again great Job NikiBelle you are a true trooper and model of persistence and patients. I believe a lot of folks would have given up! I hope that any new members/ lurkers will read and see that persistence can and will pay off !

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

And that is my hope as well!!!!! Learn from me please and take a breath....you will get there.

Lord knows, as well as all my lurkers and friends/helpers....If i can do it...ANYONE CAN!!!!

BBB ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OK, I haven't been around for this pool's cleanup, and haven't read the entire thread... And I know everyone is soooo excited...

But the pool doesn't look clear to me. At all. What am I missing here? Is there a better sparkling picture somewhere that I missed?

I so don't want to break the celebration, but I also don't want to not say something if it needs to be said. :scratch:

^^^^^GET OUT!^^^^^

I agree it could have a bit more "sparkle" but I'm guessing once the pump and filter run a few extra cycles you'll see the shine even more.

The pool is sparkly and it's coming along just perfectly. Today it was shimmering off of the bottom which is the first time it has done that.

As i described in the line above the pic....i had just finished scrubbing and vacuuming and this is after i didn't have a pump for over a week.

All is well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

OK... I'll give for a week without a pump. Didn't catch that it'd been that long :~}

I did read the first few pages, and the last few, a few days ago. Lotta threads this year, this one is massive!

Yes it is massive thread. And actually it was nine days without the pump going, now that i think about it.

I've had a lot of problems: From never taking care of a pool before and having to go through the Bacqua conversion with a green swamp to my pump breaking and all sorts of things in between. Without reading the whole thread you wouldn't know the whole story so its understandable you would think there wasn't anything to celebrate.

Take "our" word for it.

There is. :)

It's not that I didn't think there was anything to celebrate... not at all. I just didn't want you to lose ground, and maybe suggest to shock again if you needed to finish up clearing the water.

I absolutely understand what a monumental achievement this is. Not everyone is willing to do the work to get this far like you have :~}

Oh ok got 'cha.

I will shock again if after a few days it isn't crystal clear. I added more CYA today. Checked the pH and it's 7.5ish. I've been putting in 128 oz of bleach at night. No algae in sight. Wanted to give the pump a few good days to catch up.

It's now been running 24x7 since Friday night...so today is Day 3. I'll give it a few more days and if it's not totally perfect, i'll shock again for a couple of days if needed.

Every morning when i get up and run outside to look, it is more clear. Today i could see the water shadows dancing on the bottom of the pool. This is a first. It is getting better daily. So, we shall see!!!!

If it's getting clearer every day, then I wouldn't worry that it's not totally clear yet. It takes awhile to filter all that Crud. A complete set of numbers would be good though!!

I went a couple of days this year where my multiport valve broke and I had no filter (right after my pool had been set up for 3 or 4 days). It got cloudy during this time. When I got my filter working again it took 2 full days for it to be clear again. And that was after just a couple of days with no filter. You are only on Day 3 of filtering so I do expect everything is fine and you will be sparkling in a few days. But again, post those numbers!!

How much more CYA did you add? Even though it may not show up on a test....it's still in the pool working. It maybe worth your time to bump the FC up to around 8 to give yourself a-bit of wiggle room.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.