Help!!! Cloudy water won’t clear up

Apr 28, 2017
Melbourne, FL
My wife thought she was doing me a favor by taking it upon herself to self diagnose some minor stain removal in our pool floor. Anyway, she purchased some vitamin c/absorbing acid (powder) and poured between 3-5lbs. into the water, thinking this would clear up the minor stains. Mind you, she did this w/o balancing the water the proper way. Needless to say, I have been trying to clear up the cloudiness for about 4 days now w/o much success. Pool company keeps telling me to shock the pool. I’ve also been cleaning the cartridge filter 2x day. It’s a in ground, concrete pool. Approximately 10,000 gals. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Btw, I have also run the pump 24/7 starting last night, otherwise it’s set to run 8-hrs/day. Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated 😊

TFP cautions against pool store tests because they can be inaccurate. Do you have a test kit of your own?

Test Kits Compared

Occasionally a quick fall in chlorine can indicate ammonia.

5 lbs of AA in a 10K pool is huge. It will take ALOT of chlorine to consume it. Might be cheaper to drain as much of the water as you can safely and refill.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.