Hello from OKC

mybluesky

Aug 15, 2022
OKC, OK
Hello. I purchased a small above ground vinyl pool for our littles a couple years ago. It's an Intex Easy Set 10'. I quickly found the cartridge filter was junk and replaced it with the pump and 14" sand filter. I think it's actually rated at .6 hp and 2000 GPH. Been wanting to find a better way than the pool supply chain near my house. Also, we are looking to upgrade from the 10' pool to the 18' pool since the kids are taller and more comfortable with the pool.

Are pools like aquariums, where the larger they are the more stable they become from a chemistry stand point?

Are pools like aquariums, where the larger they are the more stable they become from a chemistry stand point?
Welcome from a fellow Okie!

Not to the extent that aquariums are. The biggest difference is that with smaller pools like your Intex, it can often be cheaper to drain and refill if things go askew rather than try to treat the existing water.

Read here for tips on how to maintain your Intex: Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

When considering a larger pool, you'll want to familiarize yourself with the full TFP method: Pool Care Basics

Of course, you can maintain a small pool this way too. It just requires one of our recommended test kits with the full suite of tests: Test Kits Compared

Reactions: mybluesky